Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Nesting Season

Their 11th week just rolled in and Marty couldn't help herself from admiring her baby bump. Her pregnancy feels more real this time due to its evidence on her stomach.

Her smile wouldn't fade away as she softly brushed her thumb along her womb.

Lumaki ka na ulit, beebie, she said, talking to their little one in her mind. Sino kaya sa 'min ni Daddy kamukha mo?

Ang ganda ng eyes ni Daddy tapos medyo matangos din ilong niya. Maganda rin naman ako pero gusto ko sana kamukha mo si Daddy. Sana mana ka rin sa kanya baka hindi na niya kayanin kapag dalawa tayong masungit dito sa bahay, enough na muna si Mommy, Marty giggled at the thought. She couldn't wait for the next months to arrive. She's excited to know whether they were having a boy or a girl so she could start decorating the nursery.

Marty had already established a routine. Each day she wakes up early just to join her husband for breakfast. Ever since he came back to work, she was seeing less of him every day. Somehow she grew accustomed having him around all the time from the three-week vacation they just had almost a month ago.

Medyo nagulat din siya pagbalik nila sa Paris. The weather change wasn't helping either, she easily felt cold, but Marty was able to adjust after a few days. But what she missed most from their vacation was the time she got to spend with her family, especially Harley.

Because just after two days of being home, he needed to fly to Stockholm for a new project and he stayed there for eight days.

The sudden adjustment she needed to do makes her want to fly back home and relieve their vacation once again. So Marty makes the most of it when he's around. Joining him for breakfast was one of her ways of spending time with him every day. She'd join him to shower afterwards, and she would offer to shave his stubbles (and more for the reason that she likes the smell of aftershave on him).

Sometimes she would wake up extra early to prepare his baon, but there are some times she'd wake up late due to her morning sickness. Thankfully, Maddie's advice to drink peppermint tea helped in easing her morning sickness.

"Bee, kain na tayo. Okay na 'yong pizza na request mo," Harley said, emerging from the kitchen.

Her attention drew from the mirror to her husband who's wearing a custom-made honey-yellow apron from Chia. His name was embroidered in dark blue per her request, and she has a matching set, too.

"Ginawan mo rin ako ng dip?" she asked with a lingering smile on her lips. Her eyes brushed on his cheek to his hair, there were flour dusts all over him and she couldn't help reaching for his face to dust off some powder residue with her thumb.

He smiled when she did that. "May honey mustard pati garlic ranch."

"Sriracha mayo?"

Her husband nodded. "S'yempre meron din."

"Tapos 'yong mozarella naka-cut sa circles tapos pa flower ulit 'yong design sa pizza ko?" she asked while they were walking to the kitchen.

"Opo, ginawa ko rin 'yon." His smile widened. Harley also placed his arm around her shoulder, leaning closer to her cheek just so he could brush a kiss. "Ang ganda mo."

She chuckled. "Thank you, bee!"

"Sa pizza?"

"Yup! Na-establish naman na natin pareho na maganda ako. Redundant ka na rin minsan, e," sabi ni Marty.

They were both busy talking and giggling when Harley nearly bumped on the edge of the kitchen island.

"Masakit? Baka magpasa d'yan sa tagiliran mo," sabi niya. Umiling naman si Harley.