Chapter 3

Chapter 3

With All Certainty

Marty was sound asleep when he arrived. He was also a bit surprised to see his wife lying in bed at nine o'clock in the morning.

It was chilly inside their room and he noticed how she was curled up and hogging the covers. Harley adjusted the thermostat to a higher setting and he fixed the curtains, too.

Harley sat at the empty space of the bed beside her. He brushed some of her hair away from her face before planting a kiss on her temple.

"Bee?" he called to her softly while brushing his thumb along her cheek. "Wala ka bang pasok ngayon? Late ka na."

Marty groaned. "'Di ako papasok."

"Dito ka lang?"

"Malamang. 'Di nga papasok, e."

He chuckled. Ang sungit talaga.

That never really changed. And if he were being honest, it will always be one of the things he likes about her. He should be intimidated, but he's rather amused every time she's like that—it was adorable.

"Ano gusto mong breakfast?" he asked. "Gagawa ako."

Marty groaned. "'Di pa ako kakain. Mamaya pa ako babangon. Inaantok pa ako."

"Late ka ba nakatulog kagabi?"

She nodded. "Tabi ka dito, please? Yakap mo kami ni Ambee."

"Mamaya. Hindi pa ako nakakapagpalit ng damit, galing ako sa labas."

"Okay." A pause lingered between them and he figured she fell asleep again when he noticed her breathing deep.

"Bee . . ." she called.

"Hmm?"

"Gawa mo 'ko sopas. Ang sakit ng ulo ko."

"Okay, sige. May gusto ka bang idagdag do'n?"

"Gawa mo rin ako ng tea," she added.

"Anong tea? Matcha? Chamomile?"

"Matcha, s'yempre."

"Sige. Gusto mo ba ng gamot para d'yan sa headache mo o warm water?" magaang tanong ni Harley habang hinahaplos ang pisngi niya.

"Warm na matcha."

"Bee, uminom ka rin ng tubig."

Umungot si Marty. "Ang pangit naman kasi walang lasa."

Harley chuckled. Napailing din siya habang nilalagyan ng tubig 'yong baso na nasa katabing nightstand. "Uminom ka na kahit isang baso lang. Magluluto na rin ako ng sopas mo."

Saglit na bumangon si Marty para uminom ng tubig.

"Lagyan mo maraming hotdog, okay?"

"Okay po."

Harley prepared the food she requested in the kitchen following her dad's instructions and recipe. He knew she liked her food done a certain way so he never tweaked the recipe.

Halos saulo na rin niya 'yong instructions ni Chigo para sa sopas.

There was a time before where they were staying over at her parents' house and it was raining. Marty requested for him to cook for her and her dad kept on hovering in the kitchen.

"Hindi kasi ganiyan! Ayaw ni Marty ng bilog-bilog na slice ng carrots. Gusto niya maliliit na dice," sabi ni Chigo habang pinanonood siya.

He even took the knife and carrot from him, asking Harley to move over so he could cut it himself.