Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Pregnancy Glow

Marty held off her excitement until she was entirely sure. Pinakita niya na rin kay Isobel 'yong result ng pregnancy test niya.

"Ishan! Tata Mattie is pregnant! You're gonna gave a new baby cousin," Isobel exclaimed excitedly to her toddler.

Ishan's eyes marbled. "Cousin?"

"Yes, Ish. Cousin! Like Kuya Rocky and Ate Sadie."

"Isobel, may isa ka pa bang test?" tanong naman ni Marty.

"Last na 'yong kanina sa bag ko," she answered, and Isobel might have noticed her lack of excitement, too. "Bakit?"

"Wala. Gusto ko lang sana subukan sa isa pa para sure akong positive talaga. Baka kasi mamaya hindi pala—"

"I'm pretty sure positive ulit 'yon kung sakaling mag-take ka ulit. Gusto mo ba magpabili ako kay Uly sa drug store bago siya umuwi?" Isobel offered.

"Sige." Tumango si Marty. "Pasabi ibili niya ako ng dalawa, 'yong magkaibang brand. Bayaran ko na lang."

"Sure!"

Marty spent most of her day staring at the positive test result on her dressing table.

Sana totoo talaga, she thought. And if the result was truly positive, she hoped that there wouldn't be any complications with her pregnancy. It'd be fine for her if she's the only one needed to overcome the complications, but if it puts their baby at risk? Then, no.

She stood in front of a full length mirror in her closet. Marty inspected her reflection closely to check for any significant changes, but she couldn't see any striking difference in her eyes.

Hinahanap niya rin kung nasaan banda 'yong blooming na sinasabi ni Isobel sa kanya kanina.

There was a pinkish blush on both sides of her cheeks and her skin looked supple and a bit dewy. She pressed a finger on her cheekbone to check if it was due to her natural oil, but there wasn't any visible residue on her fingertip.

The skin on her forehead that was naturally dry wasn't flaking today, it felt smooth against her touch too, and the high points on her bare shoulder seemed to have a certain glow against the light.

Her hair that was also naturally straight and lifeless seemed to have a significant volume today. It looked soft, too.

Okay, nakikita ko na ata 'yong sinasabi ni Isobel.

Marty's hand softly grazed from her diaphragm to her womb. She doesn't want to get her hopes up just yet. Kailangan niya ng triplicate result no'ng pregnancy test niya kanina para mapanatag siyang totoo 'yon.

But somehow, maybe it wouldn't hurt to imagine her tummy getting bigger, that their little one was truly there, and they would inherit their father's patience and his eyes, and his nose . . .

Marty smiled. Ang cute siguro ng girl version ni Bee.

It was seven o'clock when Ulysses got home from the office. Si Isobel din mismo ang kumatok sa kuwarto niya para ibigay 'yong dalawa pang pregnancy test.

Marty immediately took them and she couldn't help herself from tearing up when they also came out positive.

Hinilera niya sa nightstand 'yong tatlong pregnancy test. She also scribbled the date at the edge of every stick before taking a few snaps for her husband.

"Bee!" she exclaimed when he called. Hinarap niya ulit sa camera 'yong tatlong result ng PT niya.

Harley smiled. "Sabi ko naman sa 'yo kanina positive na talaga 'yon. Ayaw mong maniwala sa akin."