Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Baby Names

She was breathless. Marty closed her eyes when she leaned against his chest so she could rest comfortably.

"Bee?" he called. He could feel her pulse on his skin and how it was gradually becoming steady. Harley brushed his fingertips through her hair and Marty inched closer to him so she could hug him more.

"Hmm?"

He smiled. She looked so beautiful, especially with her cheeks still in a blush, her hair a bit rustled, and the rays of the sun peeking through the curtains spilling on her skin.

Hindi niya na rin namalayan ang oras. But maybe it was already an hour past 2 o'clock, and he could feel the rumbling in his stomach again. But Harley didn't want to move because she seemed so comfortable on his chest.

Harley dipped a kiss on her hair. "Gusto mo ba pa-consult tayo sa OB-GYN tapos magpa-semen analysis din ako?" he suggested.

Marty nodded. "P'wede naman. Pa-schedule tayo ng appointment para sa weekend."

"Sige. Tatawagan ko na ba mamaya?"

"Bukas na lang nang umaga, bee."

"Okay," he answered.

His stomach rumbled again and Marty chuckled when it did.

"Pa-deliver tayo. Gusto ko ng lasagna pati pizza, chili fries saka buffalo chicken with blue cheese dip pati ranch dip tapos gawa tayo ng iced tea," sabi ni Marty.

"Parang ang dami ata n'on, bee? Mauubos ba natin lahat 'yon?"

"Nagugutom din ako, e. Sopas pa lang nakain ko," singhal niya.

"Okay, okay. Sabi ko nga."

"Ikaw na mag-order sa phone ko, bee. Tinatamad ako kumilos."

"Sige." Harley reached for his phone to place in their order.

"Anong crust? Thin or hand-tossed?" he asked.

"Thin."

He was busy remembering and selecting every food she mentioned earlier when her phone rang and Harley almost dropped it to his face when the name of his father-in-law flashed on the screen.

Marty clicked her tongue. "Tatay ko ba 'yan?"

"Oo."

"'Wag mo na sagutin. Bahala siya d'yan. 'Di marunong mag-message, e. Tawag nang tawag."

"Bee, baka importante. Sagutin na natin."

"Bahala ka. Ikaw makipag-usap d'yan, nagpapahinga ako dito," sabi ni Marty. She inched closer to him again as if there was still any space left for her to fill.

Harley heaved a breath before answering the call. "Hello, Tito?"

"Martiana! Ano 'yong sinasabi mo kanina, ha?" Chigo said loudly from the other line.

He didn't have to press the speaker button for Marty to hear what her father just said.

"Edi kung ano 'yong sinabi ko kanina 'yon na 'yon! Ang kulit-kulit mo d'yan, istorbo ka," iritang sabi ni Marty.

"So, gumagawa na kayo ng apo? Nasaan asawa mo? Pakausap!" sagot ni Chigo.

Marty just clicked her tongue, mumbling, "Ikaw na nga bahala d'yan, bee. Nagpapahinga ako dito, e," before closing her eyes so she could rest again.

"Hello, Tito?" Harley gulped. "Bakit po?"

"Ano na?"

"Po?"