Chapter Eighteen : Slytherin vs Gryffindor

Start from the beginning

"Sure," Sebastian replied before they giggled again and walked away. He looked back to his sister, who was holding in her own fits of giggles. "What?"

Anne leaned her head on her brother's shoulder. "'Oh, Sebastian, you're the best player in the school'," Anne teased in a high pitched voice. "'Please notice our flirting so maybe we can get a winning smooch after the game!'"

"Stop it!" Sebastian pushed Anne off of him. "They were not."

"No, they most certainly were," Ominis grinned.

Anne bumped Sebastian's shoulder again. "Are you embarrassed, Sebastian? We wouldn't want your girlfriend to notice, would we?"

"Poppy is not my girlfriend."

"Who said anything about Poppy?"

Sebastian frowned, narrowing his eyes at Anne as she gave her best bratty face she could.

Sabrina watched from the Gryffindor table as Anne, Sebastian, and Ominis were having a lively conversation, and felt a slight stab of envy hit her. Ever since her and Ominis had begun seeing each other secretly, they had been trying to stay as far away from each other as they could, which unfortunately meant no more meals together, no more sitting in the same proximity as the other, and definitely no more lively conversations in public with them all together.

How she missed being able to spend time with the three of them like that. Sabrina would be lying if she said she enjoyed this arrangement, but if it was the only way to keep Ominis safe from the wrath of the Gaunts, she would gladly do it.

Besides, they had an entire room of requirement to themselves now. She shouldn't be sitting there begging for more.

Sabrina felt a nudge on her shoulder, and looked up to see Garreth watching her. "If your head is at the Slytherin table, why are you sitting over here with us?"

Sabrina grinned, trying to hide her down spirit. "Obviously to get info from the Gryffindor Quidditch team to sell to the Slytherins."

Natty and Poppy laughed. Both Natty and Garreth were wearing their scarlet and gold Quidditch sweaters, and Poppy was wearing a red cotton dress in support. "Would it really hurt so bad if you wore Gryffindor colors for a day?" Natty asked Sabrina. "Your father was a Gryffindor."

Sabrina looked up from her porridge and gave her friend a hard glare. "As tempting as that is and as much as I love you," she replied. "I would rather fight Ranrok again than wear Gryffindor colors to a Quidditch match."

Garreth chuckled. "Well, I knew there was a reason I liked you. You're secretly one of us."

Sabrina eyed him.

The clock bells began to ring loudly, signaling it was about time to head to the Quidditch Pitch. Everyone started getting up and walking out, and just as Sabrina made it to the Main Hall, she felt a hand on her arm. She turned and saw Garreth had caught up with her and began walking beside her. "So," he began. "I've been meaning to ask... are you currently...?"

She raised her eyes at him, confused.

"Are you currently dating anyone?"

Sabrina felt her heart begin to beat. She felt a small amount of panic, but shook her head. "No, I'm not seeing anyone," she lied.

Garreth's face lit up slightly. "Oh, good! I mean–" He cleared his throat. "I mean... if that's the case, maybe you and I could go for a butterbeer sometime? Just the two of us."

This completely shocked her and she stopped walking abruptly. Sabrina had no idea Garreth had been interested in her in that way. She suddenly found it very difficult to find the words.