The Visit

~Peeta~
Right now I'm getting Delilah dressed while katniss finishes getting ready.
"Ugh god damn it wear the heck is my curling iron?" Katniss says
"You don't need your curling iron babe.....I like your natural waves" I say rocking my daughter.
"I know but ugh! I just washed my hair so my waves won't come as fast" she says slumping down on the bed.

"Do a braid...and once we reach my parents I bet you'll have waves" I say and she does it
"Ok.....Peeta?"
"Yah"
"Yesterday....when I shouted I'm sorry...I shouldn't blame you guys I'm just glad she's safe...your safe and the others are safe" she says kissing me passionately which makes me want more.

"Haha....sorry babe I'm still sore from giving birth" she says looking at me and I hide behind my little angel.
"Oops..I said that out loud?"
"Mhm..now let's go!" She says picking up Delilah's diaper bag.
"Her car seat is in my car" Katniss yells from downstairs.
"Ok!" I yell back grabbing Kat's keys to her car and buckling Delilah in.

"You buckled up?" I ask katniss
"Yup...I love you" she says looking at me
"I love you..and our little creation back there" I say and she smiles
"Yup I think everyone will" she says smiling while looking out the window.

*****
"Mom! Dad!" I yell and everyone comes rushing down the stairs not realizing Delilah.
"Peeti!" Devon yells running down the stairs
"Devon! Sometimes I can't believe your the oldest one" I say
"We all can't believe it" someone says and I turn around to see a little girl with blond hair and green eyes.
"Hi?...sorry just who are you?" I ask

"Hehe hi uncle Pweeta....I'm Grace your neice" she says but she looks around 3.
"Whoa...did I really miss this much?"i ask turning to my entire family.
"No....she just turned 3 actually...just relax" Rye says
"Oh my god....sweetie your ok!!" My mother yells with tears in her eyes.
"Yah...I'm finally back" I say hugging my mom
"Well come on in" my mom says walking into the living room.

"So Katniss tell us" my dad says and Katniss looks really confused
"Wait what?...I'm sorry just I'm just beyond confused" she says
"Tell us about the car seat" my mom says
"Oh this is Delilah Willow Mellark our daughter" Katniss says taking Delilah out of her car seat to reveal her beautiful bright blue eyes like mine.

"Oh my"
"Good lord"
"How far did it take?"
Then Katniss and I start laughing non stop since what jake said is what Gale asked.
"What? What's so funny?" Jake asked really confused
"What you asked is what Gale asked" I say now calming down

"Oh..but I'm serious!" He says walking towards Delilah
"Can I hold her?"
"Of course" Katniss
"Katniss.....how were you able to. Keep this a secret for so long?!"
"It was hard....really but I wanted to wait for the right moment and that was when Peeta finally arrived home" she says
"Oh..well I'm just glad I have a granddaughter from my youngest son...oh Katniss darling will you be able to sing tomorrow night at a fundraiser?"

"Oh yah...of course" Katniss says now smiling wide.
"Well by mom....I'll see you tomorrow" i say walking out of the door with Delilah in my arms.
"Is it me..or did Devon become more childish?" Katniss asks
"I heard that!" I hear from behind me to recognize it was Devon's voice.
"Oh sorry" Katniss says giggling to the car.

Once we enter our house it's not long before we see the entire group fast asleep in the living room.
"Just leave them" Katniss says walking up to Delilah's nursery.
"Good night my princess" I say kissing my daughters forehead
"And good night my Queen" I say kissing Katniss before changing into my gray sweats leaving my chest bare, and wrapping Karniss in my embrace.

"I love you"
"I love you too"
"Stay with me?"
"Always" I say before hearing soft snores knowing my wife is asleep, and not long does the darkness consume me.