*Flashback*

I was admiring the king when suddenly I heard the queen calling me.

"Young man....would you please come forward?!" Queen So said, pointing at me

I went forward and bowed, not knowing what she was planning.

"Would you like to join the harem as a noble consort?" She asked.

"M-me?!" My eyes widened in surprise and I saw King Sian choking on his wine.

"But Your Majesty, how can a man enter the harem?!" The Northern king asked.

"Is it written somewhere that the king should have only female consorts?! Besides, as far as I know, even in history, several kings had male consorts....have you ever heard about the cut-sleeve emperor?! What about Lord Long Yang?! And Mizi Xia's bitten peach?!... Have you all ever heard about them?!" The queen asked. Her argument was valid and she was really someone with beauty and brains.

The crowd was left speechless by the queen's words. Finally, the Northern king turned towards King Sian and asked, "What is your opinion on this matter, your majesty?!"

The king shrugged, "She is right...I don't know about other kingdoms but in this kingdom, the ancient kings used to have male consorts as well....right, sir Eunsang?!" King Sian looked at Sir Eunsang.

Sir Eunsang cleared his throat, "Yes, the king and the queen are right!"

"And what about you, son?! Do you want to become his consort?!" The Northern King asked me.

I nodded shyly as I didn't have any problem becoming the consort of such a handsome and powerful man. Besides I really needed that spiritual stone and it was the best opportunity for me.

*Flashback ends*

"The spiritual stone was gifted to Queen So because of her wits. I visited the Queen's hall to search for the stone at night...even though I couldn't get the stone, I figured out that the queen had 7 husbands and that the king wasn't her husband. Nonetheless, I needed to befriend her to get the stone and also to get closer to the king because he was the only one capable of activating the stone. But when I went to meet with the queen to ask her help to introduce me to the king, I got to know that her father had passed away and this made me sad for her because somewhere I could connect with her... after all, she was a supernatural being too...so, I gave her my cloak so that she could disguise herself, sneak out of the palace and perform her father's burial ceremony," Haejun swayed his magnificent tail as he continued, "Judging by her emotional state, I decided to meet with the king by myself...but when I reached there, I saw him with his advisor. He was in love, in fact, married to his advisor...I was about to leave but then a dagger came flying my way and pierced my shoulder..."

*Flashback*

"Ahhh..." I whimpered in pain and grabbed my shoulder which was bleeding.

"Too many people are spying on us these days..."

I looked up and saw the king standing in front of me with his advisor.

The king looked intimidating so I quickly bowed my head.

King Sian grabbed my chin and pulled my face up so that I make eye contact with him.

"Wow! A merman, huh?" He smirked, "What a useful thing!"

I didn't realize that a few of my merman scales became visible due to the pain I felt. I quickly used my powers to hide them again.

"Why were you spying on me?" He asked in a cold voice.