Chapter 9

Aurelia

As Cash and I searched for an escape, I brainstormed ideas to get us out of danger. I felt guilty for putting us in this situation and couldn't imagine leaving Jia, my best friend, behind. With my shape-shifting powers, I devised a daring plan to disguise myself as their boss.

Determined to give it a try, I centered myself and focused on morphing into the person I desired. I muttered the transformation incantation, hoping against hope that it would work. , amidst my concentration, I heard a startled shout from Cain, who stood nearby.

"What the fuck?" he exclaimed, his eyes widening as he looked me up and down in astonishment. I covered my mouth in disbelief. It had worked! A deep voice, not my own, emanated from me, leaving us both stunned.

I reassured Cain, stood up and banged on the door to regain control.

The door opened. The guards revealed their confusion. I demanded my release. They ran out. They were following their false leader's orders.

Cain and I looked at each other as the guards hurried to do what I said. Cain acted, taking down the confused guards with precise strikes, making them unconscious. I smiled because we were closer to rescuing Jia.

Walking beside Cain, I approached the leader of the captors, still disguised as their boss. "Jia, I am coming for you. I whispered to myself, "Don't worry." My determination fueled every step I took.

I reached out my hands to the confused guards. Their eyes moved, unsure of what to do. 

"Are you going to leave that imposter looking like me?" I asked, attempting to mimic their boss's authoritative tone.

I appeared and surprised their boss. What the Hell! he said in surprise. He gave me a puzzled, skeptical look.

"Throw him in the cage," I commanded, pointing at the guards' boss, "while I take this vampire with me." The guards did what I said and grabbed their boss's arm to stop him from escaping. I glared at them. I said, "Take me to the girl you captured."

Cain watched the scene with his mouth open and looked at me, completely amazed. I winked at him, assuring him that I had everything under control. One of the werewolf guards motioned for us to follow him, and we trailed behind.

As we entered the house, anticipation coursed through my veins. I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. The sight before me was a stunning mix of magic and wonder - a vast room filled with enchanted artifacts, shimmering crystals, and spellbooks lining the shelves. It was a treasure trove for any sorcerer or witch.

I couldn't contain my excitement. A big smile appeared on my face. This surprising change not only helped us but also created many new opportunities. I worked with Cain to save the incredible girl we found. We faced and overcame obstacles.