Of Wars And Wisps: Part Three

I gripped the ground with my- what, feelers? Ribbons?- shaking. A war? A war had just started?
How the hell am I supposed to survive? I thought. Wait...
I looked back at the screen, which was still red. And I read the alert once again.
ALERT:
THE WAR CRY HAS BEEN HEARD, THE VALIANT DIVINE BEINGS TAKE TO THE BATTLEFIELD, FIGHTING FOR LAND, RESPECT AND POWER!
IF YOU SAY YES NOW, YOU MAY PARTICIPATE. IF YOU HARM A PARTICIPANT, EVEN BY ACCIDENT, YOU ARE A PARTICIPANT FROM THEN ON.
THE CELESTIAL WAR HAS BEGUN.
I scanned the screen. No buttons to say yes or no. Did that mean you had to say it out loud?
"I choose not to participate." I announce out loud.
The screen changed back to green, with a new slide that appeared for a couple seconds before disappearing.
Shame.
I snorted. If it was a shame not to die, then sure.
"Shame." Someone echoed behind me. "You're really not participating?"
I whipped around, and got caught in a small tornado of wind. I spiraled around in air for a while, needless to say.
He chuckled. "You're pretty bad at this, aren't you?"
I huffed. But I was too curious about the new person to hold onto my annoyance for long. "Who are you?"
The new person grinned. He appeared -I looked down at myself- just like me. A small, round, light green puff with ribbon-like feelers extending from the bottom. "Curious?"
Suddenly, his body started glowing so bright I had to look away. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw him transform, from a sky-blue puff to a human-looking teen.
Of course he was capable of turning humanoid. Of course.
The newly teen grinned. "Impressed?" Somehow, I knew it wasn't a question.
"My name's Abel, by the way." He said. "A very human name, I know, but all the really good ones were taken at the Naming Ceremony."
"Naming... Ceremony?" A memory flashed into my head- a bright light.

"So wait, you really don't know anything about this world?" Abel said, lying down on the grass. 
I shook my head, then stopped. "Well, I know a bit. The rest of it..." 
He propped his chin up on his hands. "Very interesting."
A semi-comfortable silence passed between us. Abel was the one who broke it. "So, what do you remember?"
"Well...." I trail off. I seem to remember some things. Or, this body does. Soul?
He leans forward onto his elbows. "Well?"
"IthinkImayhavefusedwithsomethingorsomeone." There.
He looks up, confused. "Huh? Say-" He sees something and his face lights up. "Sorry, I'm going to be busy now. Gidone just got here!"
I looked over my shoulder. "Oh. Okay."
Abel grinned. "Which means we can finally battle!"
Um. What?