Chapter 15

Ruby pov...

I slumped onto my unmade bed as soon as I got home. Mom had left some food wrapped up for me, but I wasn't feeling her food today. I was having a decent day since I left the house early morning to avoid her continuous nagging before 7am. Right now it was 8pm, and I entered the house using my own personal keys. Dad hadn't return home for two days too. I was so hopeless in the situation. All I could do was watch and argue with mom all the freaking time she laid eyes on me.

It had been going on for nearly a year now, and I'm beginning to want to give up. I was tired and think mom will eventually divorce dad whether I'm here or not.

"Your dad won't do anything to you. Your mom won't try to send you away anymore. As long as Audrey and I are around, you won't leave my sight. That I promise you"

"I'll always be the best friend who won't leave your side and we will both get our happy ending together"

"You won't change, not even a little bit, right?"

"Neither will I change nor leave you all alone to deal with everything"

Jane. I can't even be upset with her anymore. But still, I want her to realize how much she hurt me by breaking her promises to me.

I can't. I didn't even know she was going through so much. She was in a coma for crying out loud and on my side I was and I am being upset with her.
When she broke the news to me, I immediately changed the topic for who knows what reason. I have no idea what to do when I comes to being a therapist to someone or cheering them up. A berry milkshake being the first thing that popped up in my mind, I went with that. When we got them together, it reminded me of us three years ago on our first meeting, but she doesn't remember it.

I closed my windows and curtains. My eyes met my two princess dolls on the very top of my shelf. I had not even touched them for years now. For a reason.

I never touched them as they reminded me of Jane and I.

_________

"I'd like to present the princesses of the kingdom, Princess...Ruby", I revealed the blonde doll she got me a few months ago, nicely dressed in a baby pink gown, "And...Princess Jane", came out the other doll in it's very own sparkly purple gown.

"Oh wow. You named them after us?", Jane stood there a little touched.

"Jane, where are your manners? Say hello properly to the princesses", Ruby whispered.

"Oh, right. My apologies, your royal highnesses. Greetings", Jane fumbled for the right way to curtsey in a so not fancy gown, but corduroy overalls and fluffy socks.

I laughed at her curtsey because of the way she did it so wrong, "You are forgiven. You are very pretty by the way"

_________

I found myself sniffling to the memory. I wiped my tears away with the back of my wrist.
It was the last memory and at least the only memory I never ever wanted to get rid of.

I want my warmth back.

All of me, not part of me, misses her very much.
I only had her for less than a year, but she knew me and understood me more than anyone.

______✧*✯˖。______

Jane pov...

"Good night"

"But- You're going to bed early?", Audrey twisted her neck around in surprise.

"I'm pretty tired. Maybe another time", I stopped on my way to tell her

"But it's movie night, remember? Jace and I are already in our onesies", she enthusiastically spread her arms out to show off her panda onesie. I had seen it already.

Jace also came out the pantry, his frozen yogurt in hand.
His disappointed expression made me feel a little awful for calling quits when I had promised to stay up with them.

"Give me a second then", I sighed exhausted and turned to go upstairs and change. Audrey squealed like a child.

I put on my oversized pink bear onesie I found in my drawers and walked downstairs. The panda and koala turned their heads around to watch the little bear join them on the couch.

Jace played the movie finally and Audrey put the bowl of popcorn on her laps as she was in the middle.

I watched Jace first try to throw a popcorn in his mouth, but failed terribly. I chuckle unintentionally left my lips before I covered my mouth.

"Thanks for trying and then again wasting my precious popcorn", Audrey said in Jace's face and threw her own popcorn, catching it effortlessly in her mouth.

I applauded for her lightly. Jace appeared jealous, so I stopped, before I turned to the big screen now.

I kept my eyes on the movie now, but I was absent the entire time. I had a lot on my mind and I needed answers. Theory after theory passed through my mind. Everything froze in place in my head, while I took in my current surroundings. Audrey glued to the movie while her head rested on my shoulder. Jace already snoozing. The environment I was in.

A long dream I couldn't find a way to wake myself up from.

"Jane, Janie. You can wake up now, come on", I heard.

I hesitantly opened my eyes to reveal Audrey waving her hand in my face, "Let's go to bed now", she whispered me awake.

Part of me was a little disappointed to see her again.

"I'm still here?", I slurred out, before pouting to hold my tears back.
Jace was also tossing and turning on the couch.
Audrey sighed out before sitting back down on the couch with me.

"What do you want to know?", Audrey asked. I tilted my head in confusion to the question I wasn't expecting her to ask at all right now.

"Huh?"

"You were talking in your sleep. You said you needed answers"

I hesitated to speak. I didn't know I had fallen asleep, let alone know I was sleep talking.

"What happened exactly? Before I fell into a coma. What made me fall into a coma for six months?", I asked a question I never thought to ask until now.

~

I am going to be ending this chapter here now.

I decided to fit in both pov's in one chapter this time around to compare how the both of them are spending their nights. One alone, the other with her not-so-family family.

Sigh...

But anyways, I still have more exciting things and ideas in store for this book. Some plot twists aswell, so continue to stick around to find out.
Watch as Luna/Jane's story unfold.

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the chapter♡

@LaeLae201

XOXO