hair dye | nishinoya yuu

at nishinoya's house after a quick trip to the drugstore, the two of you go to the bathroom. he wanted to touch up his newly-grown roots, but also wanted you to do it for him so you could spend more time together.

"i'm gonna go change out of this.. i can't ruin this hoodie!" he leaves you in the bathroom, going down the hall to his bedroom.

you set the bag down and take the box of bleach dye out, simultaneously on your phone to shuffle and play your playlist.

you open the box of dye, taking the small bottles out and unfolding the paper of instructions. as you read them, you put on the provided gloves, singing along quietly to the current song emitting from your phone.

while you're mixing together the bleach and developer, nishinoya comes into the bathroom with an old, baggy t-shirt on.

"is it done yet?" he looks over your arm to the bowl of solution.

"almost.." you hold the brush above the bowl, checking the consistency, "do you wanna grab a towel or something so we don't get this everywhere?"

"uhh.. yeah, good idea!" he scurries out of the bathroom, quickly coming back with a towel draped over his shoulders.

you decide to hop up on the counter, sitting with your legs dangled over the edge. this way, you won't strain your arms reaching for his hair.

nishinoya stands between your legs, giving you the perfect access to his head.

"same as last time, or do you want to try something different?" you pin back the bulk of his hair from the blonde tuft.

"now that you mention it.. should i do something else?"

you shrug.

"i need your opinion on it!" nishinoya puts his hands on your legs, shaking them from side to side, yearning for an answer.

you bring one of your hands down to his face, caressing his cheek with your thumb, "you'll look good with anything, my love."

his eyes go soft as his face blushes with pink, "i love when you call me that!"

you smile, "i know, but please don't move too much.. i don't want to get this on your skin.." you use the end of the brush to section off a piece of his hair, brushing the bleach mixture onto his roots.

he stays perfectly still, up until he wants to change the music. he tries his hardest not to move his head while grabbing your phone from beside you, queueing a song.

once you're done with the bleach application, you tie the blonde streak into a small, loose bun, taking off the gloves to go chill in nishinoya's room while you wait for the bleach to develop.

~~~

after thirty minutes, you and nishinoya go back to the bathroom so you can wash the bleach out. he bends over the counter, allowing you to wash his hair out in the sink.

you use his mothers blowdryer afterwards, letting his hair dry for a few minutes.

"it looks much better now! thank you so much, baby~!" he admires himself in the mirror before turning to give you a tender kiss on the cheek.

"my pretty boy." you spike his hair back up with gel, returning it to its usual style.