Terms & Conditions

Author's Note: I'm back from my unexpected hiatus :) I recommend re-reading the previous chapter as a reminder of where we left off.

"Dude." Ringing continued to envelop Jeff's thought processes as his flushed cheeks began to hurt, his smile not finding motivation to disappear. Fluttering in his stomach continued, which he found both comforting and frightening. Since when have I felt this... serene? This... peaceful? My human days? Possibly never? Scarcely through the ringing could Jeff hear muffled speaking, though it didn't seem to register what the content was. "Hey." I wonder how I can make her mine... forever. Will my plan help with that? Perhaps it will. I need to ensure I pull it off seamlessly so she may never escape me again. Once she realizes I'm the only one who will be there for you, she'll never leave my side.

An abrupt slap disrupted his thoughts, leading Jeff to gently clasp his right cheek in shock. Across from him was the investigator with crossed arms and a frown. "It's about fucking time you snapped out of it. Stop wasting my damn time, what do you want if you win?" Jeff's shocked expression replaced itself nearly immediately with a gentle smile and blushed cheeks, leading the investigator to raise her brows in suspicion.

Locking eyes with her beautiful, big (e/c) ones, Jeff found himself lost in their abyss, as though he could drown in them forever. Truly, his new expectations were low in his opinion; formerly needing to fulfill his bloodlust by killing was no longer, for all Jeff needed now was to be by (Y/n)'s side forever, or so he thought. It didn't matter to him how he would accomplish this goal, it only mattered that he eventually was successful, thus leading to his cocky response to the awaiting woman before him. "Apologies, Doll. Now, where were we? Ah, yes... my wants if I win. Just as you, if I win one game, I don't want anything. If I win two games, I still want nothing. However... if I win three games?" (Y/n) narrowed her eyes. Something is off here. Between his sudden change in demeanor and his apparent disinterest in any real reward for anything but the third win? I don't buy it for a second. "Three games equals me following you for life."

Eyes widening, (Y/n)'s mind went blank. "F-for life?" Jeff nodded aggressively as he grinned at her shock. "What the hell does that even entail? I have nothing further to fucking offer you after we are finished here."

Pulling his knees up to his chest on the chair he was sitting in, Jeff's smirk never left his face as his black bangs got in the way of his piercing gaze towards her. "Oh on the contrary, Investigator. You provide me with plenty of entertainment." (Y/n) visibly grimaced as Jeff licked his lips while speaking the word 'entertainment.'

Sure, the odds of either of them winning all three games was slim to none, but this would prove to be (Y/n)'s advantage. Since the serial killer had no interest in any sort of reward unless he won three out of three games, all (Y/n) needed to do was at least win one so that Jeff obtained nothing. On the other hand, (Y/n)'s only possible chance to see her promise to Art through regarding catching the notorious killer, was in fact to win all three games. Daring and dangerous were two words that wouldn't even begin to cover what this final challenge would entail. The headstrong investigator needed to give these games everything she had in order to stop Jeff from being down her throat 24/7, and she would do whatever it took. "What's the difference between you wanting to follow me if you win all three, and you following me if I win two?"

"Simple, I'll only check on you occasionally if you win two out of three. But if I win all three? You'll see my face for the rest of your life."

His explanation caused her to shudder in horror at the thought of needing to see him for the rest of her life no matter where she went. "Fine, conditions accepted. Shall we begin on our first of the three?" Jeff nodded in excitement before offering a hand to the investigator to help her up, to which she swatted his hand away and got up on her own. Making her way to a small supply closet and rummaging around, she shouted back at her unwanted guest, "you know, you're a sick fuck for choosing this game. Granted, I get to choose the next." Pulling out the cheap mat, (Y/n) laid it out on the ground before pulling out her phone and setting up a digital wheel.