Chapter 12

The next morning, Bob woke up from the couch. He sees Dash, Miles and Vanellope sitting across the couch watching Johnny Quest. Violet and Krypto walk in with a cup of coffee for him.

Krypto: "Morning sleepyhead."

Violet: "I thought it was best to let you sleep. 17 hours."

Krypto: "I didn't think that was even possible."

Violet: "How do you feel?"

Bob: "Super."

Nick passed by: "Hey don't forget, Jack-Jack is still at E's."

Bob: "I know, I'll go get him soon."

Later that day, Bob was at Edna's house, talking with her and Silver. They walk down the hallway with super suits on the walls. Jack-Jack walked beside them as well with a lollipop.

Bob: "I can't tell you how much I appreciate you watching Jack-Jack for me."

Silver: "Eh it was nothing."

Edna: "Yes I'm sure your gratitude is quite inexpressible. Don't ask me to do it again, darling, our rates are far too high."

Bob: "Oh uh."

Edna: "I am joking, Robert. Silver and I enjoyed the assignment. He is bright and we are stimulating. We deserve each other."

Jack-Jack smiles.

Silver: "Oh you little man. You have quite the energy. Kept us up all night. But that allowed us to work on what we will show you."

Edna: "You're child is a polymorph. Like all babies, he has enormous potential. It is not unknown for supers to have more than one power when young. But this little one has many."

Silver: "And with all those powers, he will grow up to be an incredible hero. See what I did there?"

Jack-Jack giggles and babbles at them.

Edna: "Yes, you have many powers."

Silver: "Okay, just like we taught you."

She picks up Jack-Jack and she types a passcode. Jack-Jack places his hand on the palm scanner, then looks into the retinal scanner, and speaks into the microphone.

Jack-Jack: "Baba bawa."

The door opens. Edna smiles. They all enter the room and walk towards the movable table which sat in front of the display room.

Silver: "The past hours have been a lot for us, and now we know this parenting, babysitting task is not easy."

Edna: "I understand your lack of sleep and coherency, Robert. Babies can be anything and your child is no exception. He is pure unlimited potential, Robert. He slept while we worked on a creative fever."

Silver: "You stay right here and show your Daddy what you can do."

Edna: "Auntie Edna and Nanny Silver stayed up all night making sure you look fabulous in your many forms."

Jack-Jack walked around.

Bob: "What are you, you're putting him in the..."

Edna: "In the chamber, Robert."

Silver: "Don't worry, we spent time in there too."

Bob: "What?"

Silver: "I'll explain later."

Edna: "He is part of the demonstration and will be fine. Your challenge is to manage a baby who has multiple powers and no control over them, yes?"

Silver: "And depending on how he matures, he could gain control of those powers in approximately 2-5 years. Maybe longer. That's your job as the parent to help him gain control."