Chapter 9

Rick Dicker and Gru were packing their stuff getting ready to leave their office. The phone rings.

Rick: "Dicker."

Bob: "Yeah hey Rick. You remember that kid I mentioned to you? Tony Rydinger."

Rick signals Gru to take some of the boxes to the car. Then continues talking with Bob.

Rick: "Mind wipe? Yeah nice kid."

Bob: "Well you also wiped out the Friday night date my daughter had with him. In fact you wiped out my daughter."

Rick: "Oops. Not in exact science, Bob."

Bob: "Rick, you gotta help me here. Violet hates me, and you, and superheroes. I gotta fix this. What do you know about Tony?"

Rick: "Umm not much. Seems like a good kid. Popular, plays sports, music. Parents own The Happy Platter. Kid works there part-time."

Bob: "Happy Platter?"

In the city, Bob takes his kids, Nick, Miles, Billy, Red, Chuck and Bomb to the Happy Platter. As they walk in, Violet asks a question.

Bob: "Why did we drive all the way across town for The Happy Platter?"

Bomb: "Kinda feels like a nice environment."

Nearby, was Ralph and Vanellope.

Ralph: "Hey gang. I didn't think I'd see you here."

Miles: "Dash and I are having a sleepover tonight. Wanna join us, Vanellope?"

Vanellope: "Really? Of course I would. I mean, Ralph, can I?"

Ralph: "I'm fine with it."

Bob (to dining host): We'd like a booth over there. Near the philodendron. Good, right? Near the philodendron."

The dining host takes them to their table and places a high chair for Jack-Jack.

Nick: "Wait, Bob, what about the rest of us?"

Ralph: "You guys can sit with me and Vanellope, I'll just ask for a few extra chairs."

Red: "Well I guess we'll stick with you guys."

They sit down while Violet continues to go on about the place.

Violet: "This platter doesn't look all that happy to me. It looks bored."

Dash: "Haha. The bored platter."

Chuck: "I've seen better service."

Bomb: "Come to think of it, I'm bored too."

Red: "Guys, we just sat down. Give it some time."

Bob: "I thought Vi would want a change of pace from drive-in food."

Violet: "I like drive-in food."

The waiter comes to the table while they spoke and hands them their waters.

Dash: "Does this mean vegetables?"

Bob: "A balanced diet means vegetables, kiddo, get used to it."

Chuck: "Hey Dash, maybe you'll run faster if you eat more vegetables."

"Good evening everyone."

Violet looks up and sees the waiter. She was shocked at who it was. So shocked that when she was sipping her water, it came out of her nose.

Everyone: "Woah!"

The waiter was Tony. He too was surprised at what he just saw. The others at a nearby table heard the commotion.