13/ Immigration

Win's POV

The penthouse phone rings right when Film tells us a solution. I stand up to attend it, and the apartment receptionist speaks.

"Good evening, Mr Metawin." he greets me.

"Good evening. Is there any issue?" I ask.

"Your parents, Mr and Mrs Opas-iamkajorn, visited my table just a while ago. They held out a request and blocked two visitors on the visitor's list. I am calling to let you know that Mr Bright Vachirawit and Miss Film Rachanun will no longer be allowed into the apartment premises." he says.

I freeze at his words, and my hands shake as I speak, "Is- is there a way to cancel it?" I ask.

"I am sorry, Mr Metawin, but the penthouse name is under Mr Opas-iamkajorn's name, so his word will be the final request. Hope you understand," he says.

"S-sure."

"Have a nice day."

I keep the phone aside and turn back to the three of them, who are looking at me, waiting for me to say something. I purse my lips and look out of the window, not knowing how to break it to them.

"What happened?" Love asks.

"My parents... have asked the receptionist to block Bright and Film, so they won't be allowed in the penthouse again," I say in a low voice.

"It seems they found us suspicious." Bright mutters.

"Yeah..." Film trails off. "We should keep a distance for a while."

"But..." I start, but I don't know what to say.

Love holds her head and sits on the sofa with a tired sigh.

"Immigration." Film says again.

"Not possible." Love whispers.

I nod, knowing that it's not possible right now.

"What do you mean? You two are adults, and it's totally legal to go out of the country." Bright explains.

"I know... The thing is, we two are bound to a contract with the two companies for ten years. Until then, our passports are under our parents'. We surely can leave the country, but we won't be able to stay there due to that." I say.

"Ten years. When does it end?" Bright asks me.

"It started when we married seven and a half years ago. So... two years and around six months, I suppose." I say.

"Let's immigrate after that," Bright says.

"Until that..."

I hear sounds coming from the guest room where Love is alone. I walk in to find her crying alone in the bed, head stuffed into a pillow, and the room is dark. I don't turn on the light, knowing that she might not want me to see her like that.

"Why all of a sudden?" I ask.

"Film can't come here anymore. And if- if I meet her out of the penthouse, our parents will surely know it. If they find it suspicious, they might even ask someone to spy on us, and we will have zero privacy. Even though the immigration is valid and might work in two and half years, how are we supposed to live like this till then?" Love asks me.

"Well..." I have no answer.

"We won't be able to meet them out of the penthouse at all, and hell, even touch their hands. I don't want this Win. I can't handle this any longer. I am afraid I might do something that I might regret later. What if I do something stupid out of impulse? Like... I don't know, come out or something? You will be in a tough situation too. What if my parents kill me?" she asks, shedding more tears.