Chapter 93 - Tuesday

En başından başla

"I heard you guys are going on a trip," was the first thing Josh said as he sat down at the table in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, to New York," Aiden replied, confirming his implication.

"You're going to see our future school." Kieran was smiling, and Evan could finally see him genuinely happy to be at university in a few months.

"I can't wait," Angie admitted, then nudged Evan with her elbow to get his attention. "We need to come up with the best plan to convince your parents to let you go. You can't miss this."

"I agree," Lola joined right in. "Do you think there's a chance they'll say yes?"

"Honestly? I have no idea. We haven't talked about university at all but maybe they won't protest if I don't tell them, it's the University I want to attend someday," Evan admitted with a shrug.

"What do they have against NYU?" Josh asked, frowning.

"It's too far away I guess," Evan said, though he knew there was more to it. The distance was one of the main reasons, though, especially since it was too far from their pack.

"I'd say I envy you, but I don't. My parents may leave flyers about universities that they like everywhere, but at least they're giving me options," Aiden interjected.

"In that case, I envy you," Evan replied right back, and Aiden gave him a sympathetic look.

"I think I feel a completely different kind of envy. You know exactly where you want to go, and you at least know the possibilities, whereas I have absolutely no idea what I want to do after school." With a sigh, Lola folded her hands on the table and rested her chin on them.

Evan was only half listening to her as he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and immediately took it out to see what was going on. He was thrilled to find that it was Ryan texting him and so for a brief moment he stopped listening to the conversation around him altogether.

"Aww, look at him smiling."

Noticing the sudden silence around him, Evan lifted his head to find all his friends looking at him with knowing grins. Naturally, his cheeks immediately took on a darker colour and he quickly searched for words to get out of the awkward situation.

"I can't believe we didn't realise he was in love before," Josh commented. "He's not very good at hiding it. Rather terrible".

"Oh, shut up," Evan said first, instinctively. Of course, it caused a few giggles around the table.

"You're like a lovesick puppy. It's cute," Lola commented and he grunted in response.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Angie remarked. "If you were in the room with them for a while, you would see Evan like never before. He has never been so sweet to anyone in his life."

"I kinda want to see that," said the last person he expected, and Evan looked at Aiden in surprise. The blonde, however, just shrugged as if he hadn't said anything special.

Suddenly there was another vibration. All eyes automatically went to Evan's phone, which he managed to put down on the table before. But before he could reach for it, Angie got it first. And since she knew his password, she was able to read Ryan's message very quickly.

"Are you serious?" She turned to Evan reproachfully.

His confusion only lasted a moment before he realised what Ryan had offered him earlier. Obviously, Angie was ready to jump at any chance of getting a ride home instead of the bus.

Instead of responding, he just rolled his eyes at her and held out his hand for her to give him the phone back. Angie however did the exact opposite and immediately turned her attention back to it and started typing a message.