Chapter 23

Having a relationship with someone in Earth for the first time is an exciting but nerve-wracking feeling. But having another relationship in the Beastworld felt like a necessity you have to fulfill. Not that being into a polygamous relationship is a sin for most people. It just means that they have a lot of love to give to others.

For me who doesn't have any experience in love before I came into this world. I felt like I'm stuck on a boat in the middle of the vast ocean, where I can pick many fishes to eat to survive. I can't handle big decisions for myself that's why I'm more timid than my sister's strong personality I sometimes envy. Inside of me, I'm not confident with myself. Does it matter now that I'm in here in another world, which is the opposite of Earth but the people are the same. Doing everything just to survive.

This is why I can't have Curtis burdened by his responsibility for my life. Even if he believed it was the right thing to do as a male for his mate. Our relationship is not linear, we must work together to make this work. Accepting their society's norm isn't easy to do, but I just have to do it.  It doesn't matter if I want to do it or not, if I can live my life here, then I don't care. It's not like I'll give up everything for them. I just have to learn how to share and accept having another person in our family. It will take time for me to adjust but I can't be a burden here.

This is just like having a group project, if you wanted to pass the subject you have to participate as a whole. Responsibility should be shared equally, and cooperation is the key to that.

Winston is a good Beastman I can tell that even though, I still don't know anything about him besides that he's a prince of his tribe. He was clearly an intimidating individual but in front of me he's like a cautious cat. I can't help but wonder if he really picked me because he liked me or he just have no choice but to pick me because no one did. That seems harsh to think about Winston but, I'm not confident I'm worth it for him. Maybe they doesn't really care much about relationships here. They're even indifferent in mating outside so I'm not really surprised.

How about instead of thinking all this to myself I just talk about this to him, arriving to conclusion without asking the one involve is idiotic. I just have to ask him but I'm scared of his answer. My snake man seems to notice my distress as he slithered beside me.

"My mate, you've been quiet since morning. Are you not feeling well today?"

" Oh thanks C but I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind today."

"You know you can talk to me about anything if you want to. I'm here for you."

"I know that's why I'm so lucky to have you. Thank you, it's just that I'm worried if Winston really wanted to be mated with me. What if he's just desperate to experience this, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm just hah, I'm just not confident in myself."

"You mated with me a feral, you gave me a chance. I know you feel that it wasn't a big deal but it's different here. Winston he's considered an unsightly male because he was disfigured, he also have a bad personality. That is how everyone sees him here. You're the only one who is willing to look past our flaws and tried to know who we really are. We're very lucky to meet you."

Curtis just know the right thing to say every time I'm worried about something. I kissed his lips softly and he reciprocated by kissing mine roughly. Holding my waist in his big hands he lifted me off the ground and I clasped his shoulders afraid I'll be consumed with his passionate kiss. He broke our kiss to let me breath just to go back to consuming me again along with his tongue swirling with mine.

If we don't stop here I'm afraid we'll make love for everyone to witness here in the middle of the woods. Goodness its still daylight but I'm being naughty. I can't resist Curtis beauty he's so alluring it's illegal.

We only stop when we heard another footsteps. Looks like Winston is back from hunting and he caught us making out while he's out. That rhymes. He doesn't seem to mind as he cleaned the meat without mentioning my shameless action.

Embarrassed by my actions I quickly distanced myself from the both of them to re-arrange our luggage. While listening to the conversation between the two men.

"We're near the borders of the City of Beasts. It will just take one more day to arrive."

"Good, then you can arrange our living quarters tiger. You know the City more than me. Choose a den qualified for our mate."

Their conversations are always like this. Concise like a report from a subordinate to the supervisor. It's depressing to hear. Soon it will be just the three of us, and they're still kind of have a dislike to each other. Not that I'm the one to talk I'm still awkward sometimes when I'm  interacting with them.

The next day before sunrise we left for the City of Beasts. As usual I'm being carried by Curtis with Winston leading us. I'm not complaining but if I don't want my health deteriorate I have to move my body. I should exercise when I have time or practice controlling my strength.

From the distance I can see the quite tall stone made wall. Looks like they're not entirely primitive with their building. They're still in the Eolithic stage of technology where they can only create things from nature. It's still amazing that they know how to build a proper City like this using stone and mud.

Nearing the gate a tiger and wolf beastmen intercept us, they let Winston inside first. However when they saw that I'm mated with the feral, mark in my chest they led us to the city while shooting cautious glare to Curtis direction. He is apathetic with the attention he's receiving as he carried me in his arms. Glancing around the City is bustling with many Beastman walking around in their beast form. I can only see few females being carried by males just like me. They look haughty with their chins rise up in the air like that. I could never.

Winston led us to the den he bought with his own crystals. I reminded him that we should have shared paying for it but he insisted its only right he paid for our den. I gave up after that and just check the new home we'll be staying. The location is not bad away from the noisy neighbors and near the source of water.

It's kind of big for the three of us with four rooms separated by mud wall. They said the den is for a large family that's why it had a big space. Well those rooms will have new purpose. A room for the three of us, the kitchen with the chimney for smoking, living room which I will fill with things like a table and chairs made from woods, an outhouse that's important because I want my private place to excrete. And the so called cub room I'm not sure of. I'm not really fond of having kids especially labor. But if they wanted to have kids I wouldn't complain because I'm here to give them experience to have family of their own.

I assigned task for the both of them making doors and windows while I try to create something to sweep the first dirt from the ground. I'll have to buy furs to use as a curtain. And for the floor maybe a wooden one? Then I'll cover that with a fur carpet. We have so many things to do.

I snap a thick branch from one of the trees near our house, snap it in half till it was split, then peeled it thinly one by one with Curtis sharp scale until it was formed into a brunch then tied it together with the vines. I created a sweeping material, a wooden broom effective for dirt and webs. I started cleaning using the huge leaves I strengthened with a bark supporting it to create a dustpan.

That took us cleaning till it was night so I called it quits for today. The important part is the den is not dusty and muddy. We work together to cook dinner, then eat quietly while discussing about what we need to do for the next few days.

They also built me a wooden tub where I can bathe without going to the river, because they know I love to be clean. I happily thanked them by giving them hugs and kisses. Which Winston sputtered after. Adorable.

I bid them goodnight as we lay side by side, with me between them to our joint bedroom. It's tiring but we're all content with what we did for the den.

Today is the new beginning of life here in the City of Beasts. New challenges and new people we have to face.

As long as my mates are here with me I'm fine with anything.