Chapter 21

Our crystal collecting escapade ends up a successful day. We collected two emeralds, ten clear crystals, and seven colored crystals. A grand total of nineteen treasures YAY! Great achievement for our first honeymoon like adventure, if I do say so myself.

Though we stink as hell. The furs Curtis made that I'm wearing is full of dried blood with dust clinging to it. A shame but it had to go. After digging a hole in the ground large enough for the collosal's bodies. My snake man did all the groundwork while I just toss their poor bodies to the hole, saying sorry everytime I did. He seems amused with my antics but I ignored it for now. After the burial we headed to the nearest river to wash the grime off each other's body. Things got a little heated between us, but before it escalate my stomach decided to interrupt our moment. Great timing.

To celebrate ourselves for doing a marvelous job today, I decided to have a feast for the both of us. I will cook both of our favorite foods, although there will be no alcohol to partner it with because I don't drink and we don't have one. Since Curtis likes to eat eggs, I searched for some of it, then found a nest in some tree with a specie of bird I never seen before. It's really like an alien planet, with the magic dinosaurs, people who changes into beasts, some weird ass animals you won't see in Earth, three moons you can see clearly at night, and the population ratio of the males from females. Even when I lived here for almost two months now, it's still not enough time to adjust myself to living in this world. I have my mate now who is willing to help me in everything so I'm not entirely worried.

Finishing cooking the foods I checked the eggs boiling in the slightly uneven clay pot we made. Without knowing the concept of time here, I had a really hard time getting things done. That's why sometimes I count manually especially in cooking rice. I'm determined to get my title back of an expert in rice cooking, primitive version. That would be added to my experience list, a great additional skill in life.

Anyway dinner with Curtis was fun as always. The expression he made while tasting my boiled eggs for the first time is hilarious. He looks like he's going to cry for a moment then he fixed it to his usual aloofness. I should cook more eggs in the future. For that, we need to have 'short birds' as they call it here. Those chicken will be our main producer of eggs. Too bad we didn't see one on the way here.

Anyway he sensed the group of Beastmen we're looking for. The question is if they're willing to trade for salt. Eh, I'm sure there is someone among them reasonable enough to accept valuable crystals for a trade.

We decided to continue in the morning because my hubby is determined in making sure I get some rest. I didn't complain and enjoyed the sight of his fussing. We fell into our usual pattern at night, noticing how bright the stars are accompanied by the three moons in the dark sky. It's so beautiful here, I don't usually do stargazing because there isn't much to see in the sky of a polluted city. I have so many first time experiences here that I want us to just explore the entire beast continent. I didn't give up on looking for answers on why I was brought here, seeing that they have the Beast God here I'm sure they know why. If I can go back home or stay here forever, if it's the latter I would like to know my family's life back in Earth. Did they miss me like I did? Did my parents finally go to their honeymoon vacation? Are both my grandmother still enjoying life? And how is my only sister going with her amazing life.

I didn't notice I was crying until I felt the cold fingers wiping the tears falling at my face. Turning my attention to C he looks concerned, his brows into a frown and lips slightly pursed. Wiping the sad expression I was wearing, I took a deep breath and smiled at him.

"I'm just thinking about my family like I did every single day. I just want to let them know that I'm okay and I'm not alone now."

My voice is shaking when I confessed those words to him. He hugged my body closer to him while caressing my back gently. I felt better now that he's here.