Chapter 13

Yaesoon my mate, what a pleasant word to hear. Now that she accepted me as her mate, our days are filled with happiness I wouldn't believe I would ever experience, with my feral status, I was sure that my days will be full of bitterness and desolation.

My mate's arrival changed all of that. She turned my pathetic life upsidedown, that I never know the feeling of loneliness again. My selfish wish to be chosen as her only male may put her in danger in the future but, I can't help but feel a little bit more greedy for her affection.

Now that she seems to starting getting used with adjusting in the lifestyle here, we get to know each other more by conversing whenever we work together. Just like what we are doing right now, I'm making her a 'wooden comb' which according to her, people back in her world use to keep their hair free of tangles and knots by using its pointed teeth to go through the strands. I find this fascinating, most Beastmen would never had the use in such thing, appearances are not a priority but survival is.

"Well, I can see why you guys wouldn't need a comb to your hair. It's smooth and beautiful even without the help of anything. C, you have longer hair than mine and it looks more well cared compared to mine. I'm kinda jealous."

"It's because I consumed a lot of crystals and a few emeralds to attain marks. These things doesn't help only with the restoration of health but also in enhancing one's appearance. That is why many females push their males to dangerous hunt of collosal to gain strength and beauty. Do not fret my mate, I'll ensure you will get more emeralds to use and keep."

I assured her so that I can prove I'm worthy of being her mate. She deserves to be treated like a Queen. I will make sure she would never be lacking of things she wanted to have.

She stares at me for a moment, her gaze holding mine in captive. Even if we meet eyes countless of times since we first encounter each other, I would never get used to the way my heart warmed up like I'm not a cold-blooded Beastman. Only she can make me feel like this, the feeling of my heart brimming with life.

"Curtis, like I said before you are not alone in this relationship. You don't have to shoulder everything even though I know you want to. I wanted us to be together in making decisions involving the both of us. That is why, if you give me anything I asked for, I would do the same for you."

These words sounds so pleasant in my ears, it made my head buzz that I fell into a trance. She is really out of this world, only she would say things like that to a feral like me.

"Thank you for making me experience happiness Yaesoon."

For the first time in my life, I feel like laughing without a care in the world. I held it in so I wouldn't embarrassed myself in front of the only woman I would share my life with.

"It's nothing C, anyways when we are done making things here. Can we go look for materials I would need for cleaning and cooking?"

"Anything for you my mate, what are these materials that you need. I'll help you identify what these are, it may be called different from where you came from."

"Okay, so first are cleaning materials, we have this thing called 'soap' it is use as one of the primary cleaning agent for hygiene purposes. We can use it with water to clean our body, or before we eat foods we wash our hands with soap. The problem is I'm not really sure how to make it. It's not like I did this before so I'll need your help."

As long as I can help her with anything, I'll do it even if it's dangerous. I nodded my head to her, and listened as she list the materials needed to make this thing called 'soap'.

"After that I would like us to have an animal who can produce eggs so that our food consumption will not only reduce to meats. We also need salt but we aren't near the ocean and I recalled you saying that there are merman clan near it, we will be trespassing their territory so that will be the last option. Then we just have to find other beastmen who can sell us salt and other things we need."

"You are right, I didn't know if we can get salt with those fish. It's better to go and look for other sources of salt."

"Then we'll do that but for now, if we can find this thing called 'potato' we can make any food based on it. It has wide variety of use, it can be toasted over the fire, boiled in water, even fry it with oil. Oh! Speaking of oil we must find that too."

Seeing her excited and happy made me smile though I hid it from her. It's not like I don't want her to see me happy but it makes me feel embarrassed.

Now that I finished making her wooden comb which I'm not even sure if it looks right, with its sharp pointed ends it looks like a deadly weapon I saw the merman clan used once, in destroying their enemies.

I prepared her dinner so she can rest early, I'm ashamed that these are the only things I can do for her but, she told me it was enough so I stopped thinking about my shame. I will always listen to her.

"C, can you help me use the comb for my hair? I'm afraid I will go bald if it was me who will comb my hair."

"I'll be happy to do that for you, don't worry I will comb through the strands gently."

"Alright I trust you and thanks again C!"

I guess I will always be shocked to hear her words of gratitude. I won't let it show though, she said she will hate me if I reacted like that again.

While I was combing her hair, I heard her humming softly to a tune I'm not familiar with but, it sounds so heavenly in my ears. I think this is the first time I heard a female do that, I know other females do this to their cubs. Unfortunately, my own mother hate us so much she didn't even glance at us, not even once, until she killed herself with father's gift for her, his first scale.

I shook my head to get this dark memories out of my head. I have Yaesoon with me now, I shouldn't think about these things anymore.

Whether or not she decides to sire cubs with me, I will respect her decision. She is the only one who matters to me.

We have the rest of our lives to figure things out, together.