Chapter 22

As I look at the tiger Beastman in front of us, to be able to obtain Tetra markings in his skin in such a young age, a proof of having excellent potential in battle. He must've work quite hard for it.

I admit that since meeting the love of my life, I've become more selfish than I let on. What if Yaesoon is just like any other female? What if she didn't possess her god-like strength? Then I've endangered her life far more than I can count on my fingers. This selfishness of mine is a poison many other males can't have. For the sake of their mate's life and safety. Self-indulgence in possessiveness for my mate's attention and love is a vice that continues to poison my mind. I must stop myself before she hate me, I can't take it if that happens.

It's enough for me that I was honored to be her first love. The one who knew her deep enough to show me her vulnerability. The one she trusted and accepted. That was more than enough for a feral like me. I'm so grateful to the Beast God for letting me meet her.

I have decided to test this Beastman in front of us. If he's worthy to be the second mate of Yaesoon. I know I didn't ask for her opinion yet, but if it is for her safety then I'm willing to be in the brunt of her anger. I'll accept it as long as she's alive.

It also depends on the tiger if he is willing to court my mate properly. Though looking at his flustered form as he keeps stealing glances at my oblivious mate, it wouldn't be hard to convince him to act.

First, I must brought the topic of adding another member to our small family to Yaesoon before dark. Then if she consider thinking about it, I will bring the tiger for her.

Although it will pain me to do this, it's worth more than the idea of my mate being in danger. I have to make sure to do everything I can in ensuring her safety. I broke out of my reverie when I felt my mate's finger poking at my side.

"You okay C? We must move quickly before it gets dark."

"I apologize. I'm fine, just lost in thought."

She raises one of her eyebrows in question of my strange behavior, then decided to let it go for now. Averting her gaze at me, she faced our new companion to agree in following him to the City of Beasts.

During our trip Yaesoon decided to interrogate the tiger accompanying us. I wanted to do it but I also don't want to talk to him. He's still not seen as a potential male by my mate so it isn't enough to make me jealous. I didn't get jealous ever in my life.

I preferred solitude, no I realize I'm all alone before she came into my life, and not because I choose to be alone.

"So Winston right? Are you the strongest in your tribe? Wait I'm sorry I didn't ask if you can answer my questions. So can I?"

The tiger seems stunned. A typical reaction of a male when a beautiful female asked anything about him here in the Beastworld. Though for my mate she thought it was just a normal interaction. I hissed at him to make him snap out of frying his meager brain. Is battle the only thing he excels at? Pathetic. But I'll need him for Yaesoon's protection.

My mate didn't like what I did so she lightly slapped my arm. It turned red and it stings. Turning my attention to my mate who's shaking her head at disapproval with my action, I bowed my head with a wronged expression. She said I'm quite 'adorable' if I wear this in my face.

It works as her face softens as she apologized under her breath. The tiger watched our affection to each other with awe and jealousy on his face. I lightly smirked at his direction to provoke him. He frowned at my face before answering my mate's question with a gentle tone.

"Female-"

"Call me Yaesoon."

"Ah- I apologize. Y-yaesoon to answer your questions, yes I'm currently the strongest in the tribe alongside my brother the Tiger King."