Chapter 20

The situation with her estrous is a blunder I swear I will never let happen again. Filled with the deep feeling of regret clawing at my chest, while I woken up from my nightmarish dream, I hated myself so much that I wanted to kill myself if not for her, stopping me. Thinking of the hurt she will felt without me, nearly made my tears fall I refuse to show from anyone. Not even my family made me felt this awful before.

She is the only exception. The only one who choose to accept me, after everything I've done. Forgiveness I'm not sure I deserved except despair for my uselessness as her mate. For nearly failing the only female I'll love for eternity.

The night she accepted me completely I felt free from the chains of my past. From being a feral to being a reliable mate. It filled my being with so much happiness from all the love she made me experience, I nearly cried again. I know if I wasn't the Beastman who met her that day, we probably would never meet, know each other deeply, and learn how to care for the being of another. I would've never know how to love.

Admiring the small form of my mate in front of me. As she keep checking our belongings as we prepared to continue the journey. I'm filled with thoughts of how she moaned until her voice was hoarse from pleasure, her tiny hands clasped with mine and intertwined as we reach for our climax together. Biting my lips till it nearly bleed, snap me out of my reverie. I returned my attention to what she was saying.

"C I tripled check our baggage. We can go now!"

Voice filled with excitement, she grabbed my hands as if she wants to lead the way. She is really incredible, so full of energy like she didn't fainted last night from exhaustion. I smirked at the thought.

"In the next areas, that will be the herd of collosal frequent place to hunt. We will detour in the mountainside near them. It's filled with steep rocks and cliffs so you have to hold on to me tightly. We can observed them from above, they will not sense our presence there."

As I warned these things to her and seeing her listening intently I feel conflicted by my instincts. Feeling that it was foolish to put her in the way of danger. On the other hand, I wanted to witness her god-like strength once again. To be worried for her safety or to be proud of her strength. Noticing that I'm no longer paying attention. Instead pondering deeply in my current dilemma. I didn't notice her body near mine

She leaned closed to my body, hands caressing my cheeks. Her voice full of seriousness unlike earlier.

"Talk to me C. When you make that expression I know there is something bothering you. What is it? Tell it to me so I can help you figure it out. We don't do things alone remember?"

Gulping. I swallowed my nervousness and spoke to her what's on my mind with a hint of hesitation. For a moment we're both silent until she suddenly snorted from laughter. Shoulders shaking as she placed her hands on my arms to steady her body. I don't understand, did my worries amused her?

"Sorry...pfft! It's just so adorable seeing you like this. I'm so sorry C, I'm not laughing because I'm not taking our situation seriously, I promise. We trained to use our powers since young, it can hurt people as it can save their lives. That's why I understand why you are worried for me and I love you for that. But you're here beside me so I have nothing to be afraid of. Trust in me just as I trust in you."

Hugging her closed to me, savoring her scent as I brushed her hair with my hands. I felt my worries lifted as she assured me with those words. She always has this effect on me, her strong voice, full of conviction, so sure, that I can't help but believe everything will turn out fine.

"I apologize my mate if you felt that I doubted your strength. I trust you with my life. I love you."

"I love you too."

We separated from each other and turn to the situation at hand as we continue our journey.

I placed my mate carefully on the steep ground, not trusting how it can easily crumble every step. We observed the herd of collosal eating below us, seemingly undisturbed and not sensing the danger they're in. The figure beside me crouched down as she scan the group of beasts eating. Our position hides us from their sight, they won't smell us here, but they still have other sharpened senses to sense us with, just like mine.

"I will approach them swiftly to take their guard down. I can manage to kill the weakest in the herd. You can strike them at the head where their skull is located. It can kill them quickly, as that is one of their softest spot to crush, where the brain is located. The chest where the gems laid is the most vulnerable part of their anatomy. Once you take that out they're dead."

"I see, head and chest. Got it."

One of the biggest in the heard suddenly stopped it's meal, we hurriedly duck down from our position. Its head turned to side as its snout smells the air, searching to locate our presence. The others in the herd notices that and alerts their companions to put on their guard. Damn it!

We have no choice but to act quickly before they ran away from us. I wouldn't catch up with their speed if it happened. Even in my Tetra marked state I will be having a hard time with these herd.

Yaesoon nods her head towards me. Looks like we have the same thought.
Transforming to my beast form I lunged at the nearest collosal in our position. Jaws clamping down at its neck tightly while the creature thrash from side to side protesting to escape death. It turned futile as the life drain from its body, I quickly takes the clear crystal from the mangled corpse with my claws. Turning my attention to my mate, she jumps down from the tall height and landed on her feet like it was nothing.

With a burst of power she ran swiftly in front of another collosal and readied her clenched fist as she punched it through the creature's body. Her small frame allows her to use it as an advantage from the large frame of her opponent. It died quickly without a chance to protest as my mate pulled back her bloodied arm with the crystal in her grasp as she dodges the falling body. She turns to another and jumped up in its head to crush the skull with her fist. As it lays dead she immediately look for the creature's chest, turning the large body to the side to plunged her arms for the crystal.

Amazed and aroused from the sight of her fierceness, I was motivated to kill as many as I can. Grinning madly from the high of adrenaline rushing in my veins. I viciously slash through the bodies with my tail and claws in front of me. It's been a while since I felt the pleasure of battle.

With my female beside me fighting with her bare arms, piercing through the bodies like it was made from leaves. Ripping their flesh right through their bones and using her arms to collect the crystals.

After a while, we stood surrounded by the collosal's mutilated bodies around us, their chest cavity open for the world to see. Our scent filled with the metallic scent of blood that covers almost our whole body.

Yaesoon looks absolutely beautiful right now, painted with the red blood of her kills and arms still tightly positioned like she was ready to fight again. Body on guard as she carefully assess her surroundings, looking for any collosal that survive. Her furs dirty because of the dried blood. Taking note of that and making sure to create new furs for her to change into when we finish here.

"Is that all? I mean, I guess this is enough crystals for now. Ah! Their bodies is there any other important parts that we can sell? Curtis? So that before we buried their remains we can haul what we can to not let their sacrifice go to waste."

She finally looks at me with one of her eyebrows raised. Then she shakes her head with a sigh, like she was exasperated. I came out of my stupor to reply.

"Yes...their claws, tough hide, sharp fangs can be valuable. We can only sell it to the City of Beasts however."

"Hmmm...okay. Now let's bury their bodies and dig a large hole enough for all of them. So they can be together in the afterlife."

I smirked at my mate's thoughtfulness and obeyed her words without question.

She's a strange one for sure and I love it.