Chapter 11

After the epic fight between the snake and scorpion, we resume our lives in the new den slash cave. When I ask for Curtis opinion about living here, he look at me in disbelief like the words I uttered are foreign to him. I noticed this unusual reaction of his whenever I say words of gratitude, or I show that I'm interested in his opinions, which is getting old, the longer I see his face reaction to my words.

I get that my world is completely different from his, my norms may be not in their lifestyle but still, getting shock to simple words like they never heard of it before in their life, is concerning.

While I was trying my hands on making primitive cutlery, some bowl, and wooden pan through carving it with my stone knife, I saw Curtis staring at me with my new handmade clothes or fur, in his hands I stopped what I was doing and turn to face him. Looks like today is all about DIY projects, I'm making our eating equipments, poorly made but functional to use, I think. He is making me fur to wear, so I can change into one when I clean myself, he probably made this because, I expressed my hate in recycling what I wear without anything clean to change into. He's considerate to me so I wanted to repay him by making our lives just a little bit easier, it's hard but, seeing him appreciate my simple gestures is heartwarming.

"Curtis, when the weather is finally clear let's go out and hunt so, we can have furs and bones to use while we live here, is that okay with you?"

"Yaesoon, I appreciate your help but I wanted your safety to be always first, and I know you can take care of yourself because you are strong, I experienced that first hand. As your male, providing for you, protecting you is my responsibilities, if I deserve to be your mate."

"I know, that's why I'm asking if we can go together Curtis. I don't want you taking care of things, that involves the both us, all by yourself. You said your responsibilities towards me, that means I must prove if I deserve you too. This is a lifetime partnership between the two of us, so the burden is shared and not alone. Okay?"

Curtis expression is undescribable, his face is blank but his eyes says otherwise. He puts down the clothes he is making and reach for my hands to clasp it between his huge and slender hands. He kisses it softly with his lips, he looks at my eyes with such softness, my mind blanked out.

"I am a feral Beastman but, you showed me affection I thought I would not ever experience in my desolate life. I apologize if I seem insensitive to what you want Yaesoon. Your well being is my lifeline. Thank you for coming into this world, I promise that whatever you do, I will be by your side to protect and support you."

I felt like crying when I heard his words, I bite my shaking lips to stop my tears from falling, and gave him a small smile. He really makes me feel special.

"I decided, Curtis I'm going to be your mate and as long as we are together, you are the only male I will care for."

He gave me his rare smile as soon as he heard my words. And lean his face closer to mine, his eyes hypnotizing as he gaze at me until, the tip of our nose are brushing with each other. Is this going to be my first ever kiss?!

I'm dirty right now but, seeing Curtis face like that, seducing me with his ruby eyes, is making me think about nothing but him.

So, I closed my eyes and lean close enough to Curtis, that I felt his silky hair brushing with my forehead, his hand holding the side of my neck, while the other is in my waist.

I felt electrified when our lips touched each other, softly like feeling the shape of his thin, but soft lips. My hands clenched tightly to the side of my body with the feeling of our kiss.

It's my first time doing intimate action like this, it's a nice feeling to feel but, I hate myself for reciprocating it awkwardly.

When we stop exploring each other's mouth, I realized I was holding my breath the entire time, so I turn my face to the side to catch my breath. I feel my cheeks turning red, redder than Curtis scales and my head dizzy, like I was riding a rollercoaster.

"I apologize, I did not control myself if you are angry with me, I will understand."

"What?! No, I'm not angry with you Curtis...I- I was just embarrassed with myself, I don't know how to do it, so I'm sorry if I messed up."

"Yaesoon my mate, it is not something to be embarrassed about. We can learn slowly, together so, do not apologize. I am happy you gave me a chance to be your mate. I'll protect you with my life."

I'm so happy that Curtis spared my awkwardness earlier. So I just smiled to him again and return my attention to what I'm doing, DIY kitchen set, the ugliness of my work helped me calm my fast heartbeat.

Curtis also return his attention on the fur he is making, I can see his lifted mood, even if he's back to his blank expression. After that moment, we quietly do our work until, we I mean me had my fill. I try inviting him to eat with me since it's awkward to eat by yourself, when someone is staring intently at you but, all he said is that he doesn't need to eat everyday. I shrugged and continue doing my little project, so tomorrow I can finally address my hygiene situation.

Curtis transformed to his beast form that night, he's large snake body almost reaching the cave's ceiling. He curled his body in my makeshift bed, and finds a position where his head is next to mine. And we peacefully fell asleep next to each other.

I'm not certain on things that is going to happen in the future, but with Curtis by my side, I feel like I can do anything, accomplish my goal to go home. It's not gonna be simple of course, that's why I will give it my all to survive, in this strange world full of beasts.

I dreamed happily that night, I slept good. In my dream, I met my family with Curtis beside me.

I just hope that tomorrow will be a good day like my dream.