Chapter 2: Lovesick Devil's Spawn

Jonathan's POV

I couldn't sleep. I stared at Hannah's lifeless body on the bed all night, thinking maybe she'd open her eyes and be herself again. Ruth wasn't much help last night, even though the owl knew this would happen, as did Hannah. The first time I laid eyes on her, she resembled sleeping beauty.

"You should be careful more, sleeping beauty," I whisper the same words I told her the first day I met her. Those words couldn't be any truer.

I smell my brother lingering in the next room, no doubt worried about me, as I am sleep-deprived and on the verge of burning the world down because if Hannah can't live on this Earth, then nobody can.

"Don't worry, I haven't hurt anyone yet," I chuckle darkly as he sits on the edge of the bed next to me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect her," Jayce sighs, glancing between Hannah and me.

"It doesn't matter. What's done is done, obviously," I sigh defeatedly.

"Everything happens for a reason. Hannah believes it, and so do I. You have to have hope if we're to make it through this," Jayce warns.

I growl, "The last of my hope diminished the second I felt part of her soul disappear."

"What do you mean part?"

"We need to talk to Ruth. She'll have answers," I whisper as I brush a strand of Hannah's hair out of her face.

"Let me in. I want to see her!" Eli yells as the lights flicker in the cabin.

"Fuck, I don't want to deal with that lovesick Devil's spawn."

Jayce chuckles as Lucifer mumbles, "Lovesick Devil's spawn. That's original."

"He can come in as long as he doesn't destroy our home. He's not a wolf. He shouldn't even be here."

"We all loved her in our own way, Jonathan," Lucifer mumbles before walking towards me.

"Ain't that the truth," Jayce mumbles as Eli walks into Hannah's and my bedroom.

Lucifer places his hand on my shoulder. "Go shower. I don't even have a dog's nose to know you stink."

"Try smelling like Hell. I took three showers this morning and still can't get the smell off of me," a woman groans.

"That's because we were chained and hadn't showered in months, Willow," Eli mumbles, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

Lucifer shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly. "I rather like the smell of Hell."

"You're demented," Willow says disgustedly.

"I am the Devil, after all. Don't test me, wolf," Lucifer warns.

"Who the hell are you?" I stand up and walk to the woman to get a better view. She looks frail, with big green eyes and long golden chestnut brown hair. "You smell like a wolf."

"That's because she is one. She was held captive with Eli. Elizabeth gave Hannah a syringe that was meant to cure demonism, I think, but selfless Eli here didn't want to be saved. He told Hannah to use it on Willow instead. She submitted to Hannah and was a part of pack communication afterward, so she's one of us now."

"Of course, Hannah would save another she-wolf," I chuckle. "Jayce and I are your Alpha's now until we figure out how to bring Hannah back."

She nods her head respectfully and mumbles, "Yes, Alphas."

"We aren't too formal here anymore. Hannah broke the status quo with that one, but you will be much safer here than anywhere else," Jayce assures her.

"I'm grateful either way. Is it rude to ask how long this partnership has been going on? I've never seen so many different beings in one place," she asks curiously.