XLVII

TW : Abortion

"I'm running out of time !" The older man hissed out, stealing glances at the girl sitting in the other room, an open door separating them as he watched her talk to the air like a maniac.

"And what else did she say Papa ?" Taegguk batted her eyelashes at the gray wall on the other side of the room, a toothless grin threatening to peak out from her quivering lips anytime.

It was only for a few seconds that silence braced the room before a voice echoed in the room.

"And she said, “Dumbass ! That's a tomato !”"

Taegguk burst out laughing, clutching hard onto her stomach as her little body shook from the intensity of her laughter. A chuckle was heard from the tape recorder on the other side of the room.

"Now tell me how was your day, my little pumpkin"

Taegguk instantly began rambling about what she ate in lunch and how the nice uncles bought her cakes and chocolates and how they promised that her appa will soon be released from those bad police uncles but the others in the room paid no more attention to her as they turned their attention to their original business.

The shorter lit a cig, offering the packet to the other but the other denied it with a simple shake of his head, his expressions quite disturbed. " Can you just fucking hurry up and decide ?!"

The shorter one nodded, blowing multiple rings of cigar into the air as he sized up the man infront of him with a look "It's time that Jeon Jeongguk get punished for his crimes"

"But how ?" The other man was clearly agitated "Do we shoot him down or let the cops do the honors, jungsik ?"

Jungsik took another puff before he tossed the rest of the cig on the ground "That's where we are going wrong, Joseph. Remember what boss said ? We aren't damn murderers like Jeon. He thinks he's damn Robin Hood but we'll pull off that damn mask of his and expose him as the monster he is. We'll show Jeon Taehyung's diary and tape recorder to the police and let them deal with the motherfucker the way they want. Understood ?"

Joseph nodded "And what about the girl ?" He side-eyed Taegguk. Jungsik just laughed.

"Joseph, never take mercy on a monster's children for they'll always take their path when they grow up"

"Besides that, Boss wants her gone as well"

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

" What's your bet on this ?"

The man straightened his back, looking right into his senior's eyes. "I think Jeon Jeongguk is innocent"

The woman scoffed at him, a file loosely dangling in between her fingers. "And ?" She mocked.

He gulped, pools of fear swimming in his eyes. "Maybe Kim Taehyung is deceiving him ? Faked his death—" The woman raised her hand infront of his face "tell me one thing, Jooheon. Do you think Kim Taehyung kidnapped his daughter or not ?"

The man nodded. "I think he did so. To threaten us" He pleaded "To use her as a bait"

The woman nodded her head "Heard from his former classmates that he forced his ex-girlfriend to abort his child" She tsked "Will not be surprised if he uses his daughter as a bait "

"SHUT THE FUCK UP !"

Several heads turned towards Jeongguk as he struggled against the chair "DO NOT TALK OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW OF !"

Sooyeon just cackled, throwing the file on the table behind her as she slowly stepped forward towards the doctor "Pray tell me what's the truth then, Doctor Jeon ?"

Jeongguk's face was red ; hot, angry tears streaming down his cheeks, unkempt hair tickling his small stubble with the right side of his upper lips completely busted. "Fuck you all !" He spat before glaring down Sooyeon again "He never forced the girl to abort his child ! He was looking out for that bitch and even offered to pay for the baby's expenses even though he said that he wasn't emotionally and financially ready to be a FUCKING father back then !" The chair almost fell on its side because of Jeongguk uncontrollable almost-maniac movements but two of the constables were there to stop his fall.

Sooyeon chuckled in response, kneeling a bit to match Jeongguk's eye level "So why do you think his classmates lie about something like that to my face? "

"You ask why ?" Jeongguk sneered, "they HATED him !" He screamed, his legs kicking onto the concrete ground "Jung Seolha was a FUCKING MANIPULATIVE BITCH ! SHE BRAINWASHED THEM ! SHE LIED TO THEM !"

Besides it wasn't a secret that most of his female classmates hated him for being a fuckboy and he can't hold them accountable for feeling that way

Unfortunately, Jeongguk can't verbalize this and damage Taehyung's reputation more.

"Oh is that so ?" Sooyeon questioned, paying no attention to Jeongguk as she turned around to face his subordinates "I need the statements of Taehyung's family as well. Anyone got updates on that ?"

Two of the women in the corner raised their hands.

"The same family who abandoned him for being bisexual? For marrying a man ?" Jeongguk said but Sooyeon ignored him again.

Jeongguk is Taehyung's husband. It's natural that he'll defend him and try to cover up his wrongs.

"Madam" One of the young girls spoke up "Apparently his parents died a few years ago"

"And ?"

"He has a missing brother. '' The other girl chirped up "Kim Baekhyun. Alcoholic. Was last spotted in Gyeryong-si a year ago while visiting one of Taehyung's ex classmates and then he disappeared"

Sooyeon nodded, deep in her thoughts. "The name of the classmate ?"

"Kim Byujun" One of the men from the back delivered, his dark eyes monitoring Jeongguk's every move.

"Do you know for what was the reason ?"

"Byujun ssi upon interrogation revealed that he was asking for his brother's address"

"His brother ?" Eyebrows furrowed, Sooyeon took out her notebook from her jacket pocket "And what's his brother's name ?"

"Kim Taehyung"