XLIV

"Appa stopped making this type of dolls a long time ago"

Hoseok looked at his face once and then glanced at the register infront of the younger man. "How long ago ?" He asked, fingers tapping on the table impatiently.

I can't return back to home with empty hands

The other frowned slightly, hands absent-mindedly fumbling with the yellow, worn out pages of the register. "About 4 years ago?"

Damn it !

"Are you sure that your friend bought the toy recently ?" The boy questioned, his narrowed eyes scanning Hoseok with a hard gaze "He may have lied to you ?"

The older one vigorously shook his head. He didn't know how to express the current situation to the teen infront of him without giving out the whole story to him.

If I don't find out who is behind all of this, Taegguk will become an orphan.

"No he didn't !" Hoseok raised his voice a bit, startling the other. He clenched his fist, glaring at the other male "He literally showed me the doll right after buying it !"

Ok Hoseok, you're doing it a bit too much now, control yourself

"Oh…" The boy whispered out, tone shaky and heart beating as fast as a bullet train, scared that his actions will anger the man furthermore.

"Well…" He quickly took over "I can do nothing except maybe offering you the list of names of the ones who last bought that model" He closed his eyes, exhaling through his chapped lips " Is that okay ?"

Even though it will not help him in anyway at all, Hoseok smiled, not wanting to disappoint the younger's efforts in helping him out "Will do"

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

The ravenhead looked at the door, the nails of his left hand half chewed, almost gone ; his fear-stricken eyes going back and forth between his lap and the wooden structure. "Are they here already?"

Yoongi hummed lightly "Can't keep them out anymore" He said, hand coming up to affectionately caress his brother's cheek, watching as the latter's eyesight got veiled from an incoming barrel of tears.

Jeongguk nodded, closing his eyes when his brother's thumb came up to swipe away the tears. "Where is Jimin hyung ?"

"I sent him to your house.'' Jeongguk opened his eyes, his vision still not clear but atleast he could still make out his brother's form "He entered through the back door. I don't think the police has found out the back door yet"

"And then ?" Jeongguk wondered loudly. Yoongi just chuckled in response.

"What do you think he's doing?"

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

"Fuck !"

Turns out, Jeongguk never dared to touch this room after Taehyung passed away. Everything is so intact. Starting from the incomplete designs on the table to the doodles of Taegguk on the wall.

Jimin coughed a bit, his hands rapidly scissoring through the spider's webs to make way for him. His plastic sandals made little to no sounds as he moved around carefully, not wanting to draw any attention from the two cops standing infront of the house.

There's a small photo frame of their wedding day on the left side of the table, just beside Taehyung's glasses. Jimin's gloved hands carefully picked it up, dropping it in its side bag.

Jeongguk will like this

Then his eyes fell on the almost unnoticeable big box on the right side, hidden away behind Taehyung's briefcase.

What's that ? Why did Jeongguk never notice it ?

The silver head bent down slightly, his gloved hands extending out to reach the box. The moment it came within his reach, he snatched it from its hiding place.

HOT WHEELS A.I. INTELLIGENT RACE SYSTEM STARTER KIT

Jimin tsked, hands slowly brushing away the dust from the box, his brown eyes meeting the lilac coloured page pasted on the lid, barely hanging by the side, all thanks to the little colorful sellotape on the top. The man took it off, eyes squinting at the small letters.

If you've found this then that means I'm no longer alive. Whoever you are, can you please give it to Taeggukie ? Tell her that Papa loves her and he'll soon come back. Okay? And please tell my Jeonggukie that even if I'm no longer there with him physically, I'll continue to love him from above till the end of the world xoxo

Thanks for the help stranger
Tete <3

Jimin's eyes teared up, thumbs carefully stroking the smudged letters as an ugly sob escaped his throat. Taehyung truly loved his family till his last breath. Even when he was taking his last breaths, all he thought was whether they'll be okay or not.

Only if he hadn't…

Chills went through his body as he quickly dropped the box in the bag along with the letter, glossy eyes looking for any other important object, which was in possession of Taehyung, in the room.

I have to find Taehyung's diary and that tape recorder and leave from here as soon as possible

He kneeled down on the floor, fingers swiftly working on opening the briefcase as he kept his senses on high alert incase any of the cops decides to take a round and makes an abrupt entry.

Kit !

"Who's there ?"