XXXVIII ( E )

Warning : Child abuse

The last dialogue of the chapter might be quite disturbing to some people so please proceed with caution

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

" Sweetheart "

Taegguk turned her face to the other side, purposely ignoring the officer .

" Kwon ssi " His partner drawled out " You're wasting your time, my time, everybody else's time " Taking out the cigarette box from her skirt's pocket , she placed it on the table ; infront of the man " We all tried but in vain . Either way doesn't know anything about her father's doing or she's been telling us what her father taught her to say during the fruitless interrogation sessions "

" NO ! " The man banged his bare knckles against the table , making the little girl on the other side jump a bit . " SHE KNOWS MANY THINGS ! "

The female officer shot a glare towards the man " Calm down " She gritted down " Just because you've a personal grudge against her father doesn't mean that you have any right to place any false accusations on a fucking child ! " Raising her voice a bit , she stared down the man " control yourself! "

Taegguk looked between them , stiffling a yawn . " Can I go to bed now ? " She asked , earning the attention of the adults " Papa says that good girls don't stay up after 11 and..." She turned her face sideways to look at the clock on the wall " It's 1 in the morning " She stopped , eager eyes scanning the faces of the other two for any reaction .

But nothing happened .

The tension in the air is so thick that it can be sliced by a knife

" Kwon " Eyes still trained on the little girl , the woman officer started " I think we should-" However , before she can complete expressing her thought , her parner had already threw himself at the little girl across the table .

Taegguk shrieked in fear , holding up the teddy bear up in the air and infront of herself, as if the stuffed toy can protect her from the evil present in the world .

" Fuck you ! " Kwon growled out , cruelly snatching out the toy from her hands and threw the toy across the room , earning another loud scream of agony from Taegguk who almost bawled her eyes out , her hands outstretched towards the direction her father's last memory got thrown in .

" PAPA ! " She screamed so loud that the woman officer had to cover her ears , her heart aching for the misery of the poor girl , waiting for another yell .

But it never came .

SLAP !

" PAPA ! " The little girl screamed again , her tears now slowly escaping the border of her eyes , her little palm giving little to no comfort to her wounded right cheek . " Please don't hit me..." She sniffled out.... " Papa doesn't like it when someone hits me..."

" THAT'S ENOUGH KWON !!! " The female officer was so enraged that she even forgot to add a honorific after her partner's name , her motherly instincts running all over her body .

Just because she doesn't have any guardian to protect her now , doesn't mean that it's an open invitation for anyone to mentally or physically abuse her . As a mother herself, she won't allow someone to have a free hand in this matter like this .

But , unfortunately, Taegguk's reactions only managed to irk the man more . Taegguk released a low whimper in fear , her small hands latched onto her swollen cheeks , her small figure trembling as her wide fearful eyes took in his red face and his scary eyes . A small " Papa..." spilled out of her dry , cracked lips .