Chapter 5: Regrets

Am I getting kidnapped? Not know, I don't want to die. My eyes feel puffy, and it feels like I'm going to cry.

"Don't go because I made you breakfast," he laughs.

"Not funny," I give him a serious look,

"Do you want some?"

"Yes please."

I walk away from the front door and follow him back into the kitchen, bacon and eggs. The smell fills the room. I'm getting hungry just smelling it, I look around his kitchen. It's really nice, the countertop is marble whilst the rest of his kitchen is a very deep dark green with gold handles, it's pretty fancy. He hands me a plate with bacon and poached eggs, "Thanks," I smile looking at him. He smiles back at me handing me a fork and knife. I start eating the plate of food as I look around the kitchen, bored. I finish up the plate and put in over near the sink. I walk back to the room where I was sleeping looking for my phone and find it on my bedside table. I pick it up and sit on the bed and look at all the notifications. Then I see that I have 14 missed calls from the hospital, shit, shit, shit. I ring the hospital tapping my feet nervously on the edge of the bed, the ringing stops. They answer the phone.

'Hello this is RPA; how may I assist you?'

'Uh hi um, is Adriana, okay?'

'Can you tell me her last name please?'

'Adriana Clifford'

'Uhh Adriana Clifford, uhh oh right here! Sorry just reading the details,'

'Yeah-h um not a problem,'

She goes quiet, I'm concerned, why isn't she saying anything?

'Hello! Are you still there?'

'Yes, yes, I am!'

'I'm so sorry...'

I hang up.

My eyes start filling with hot tears, I scream into the pillow. My eyes welling with tears. Emptiness had arrived long ago, but it remained inside of me. I was the destination of grief.  I sat there, drowning in a pool of my tears. My sobs of distraught would even make a thunder in a storm apologise. Ryder rushes into the room looking at me lifeless. I can't move, my body feels frozen in place. My heart feels heavy. I can't breathe it feels l'm suffocating in my own body. I need Flynn. Ryder sits down next to me,

"Lyns-,"

"Get out," I sob,

"Lynsey your goi-,"

"Leave me the fuck alone!" sadness tears straight through me.

Ryder leans in and grabs my face holding his hands to my cheeks and leans in to kiss me,

"Fuck off Ryder, don't you fucking touch me," my lip quivering. What's wrong with him. I collapse onto my knees my shoulders dropping. I let out a war cry. My phone buzzes I look down at it to see who it is. Flynn. Tears seep from my eyes and fall down onto the screen, I lift my shirt wiping my tears. I feel hot and sweaty, I look at my hands which are shaking uncontrollably. I curl up on the floor holding onto my phone to try and stop my hands from shaking. I can feel Ryder watching from the door entrance, "Lynsey, you're scaring me, what's wrong. Please say something." He says concerned trying to get a glance at my face.

"Are you Fucking stupid? Why would you try to kiss me?" I say still hyperventilating. I slowly start to catch my breath. My vision blurred from all the crying I could barely make out Ryder's facial expressions, "I'm sorry, I-I don't know what I was thinking," he stutters.