"Well if no one lives to tell the tale then how does the tale get told?" Curtis wondered.

"Curtis! Shut up!"

Sam glanced between them. "You know what? Uh, thanks a lot guys. Excuse me."

Elsewhere in the bar, Dean drank three shots of a dark bluish-purple liquid and slammed all three in succession. Harriet and Cadence, who had grown bored of conversation, ran up to their father.

Sam and Lucie approached and he called, "Dean. Dean, what are you doing?"

Dean burped. "I don't know, man, babe, I think they're called purple nurples?"

Lucie let out a sigh. "Listen. Sam and I think maybe we should go check out the professor's office."

Dean grabbed his wife and pulled her close. "Oh, no, no, no, I can't right now, I've got some... feisty little wildcat on the hook, I'm about to - zzzzp - reel her in. I'll introduce you."

Next to Dean was a blonde girl in fishnet stockings and a tight miniskirt. She was a sloppy drunk, and her face was heavily made up.

"Starla! Starla, hey. These are my shuttle co-pilots Major Tom and Major Tammy. Major Tom, Major Tammy, Starla. Isn't Major Tammy beautiful?"

Starla draped an arm around Dean, causing Lucie to frown. "Enchante."

"Hi," Sam and Lucie greeted, the latter removing Starla's hand.

Starla gagged and covered her mouth, then looked up with a grin. "Sorry. Just trying to keep my liquor down!"

"Yeah!" Dean exclaimed. "Good job." He looked to Sam. "Hey. Good news. She's got a sister. Lana, you're the only lady for me."

He pulled Lucie close again, grinning suggestively.

Harriet whispered loudly, "Why's Daddy and the golden hair girl acting funny?"

Lucie let out a deep sigh. "Daddy and Starla drank a little too much grown-up juice."

END FLASHBACK 1A

HOTEL ROOM

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Dean protested. "Hold on a minute."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Come on, dude, that's not how it happened."

Lucie met Dean's eyes. "No? So you never drank a purple nurple?"

"Yeah, maybe that, but I don't say things like "feisty little wildcat". And her name wasn't Starla."

"Then what was it?" Sam challenged.

"I don't know." He looked to Bobby. "But she was a classy chick. She was a grad student, anthropology and folklore. We were talking about ghost stories. Lucie and the girls were with me."

FLASHBACK 1B - DEAN'S POV - BAR

Dean and Lucie were speaking to a girl in black heels and a sleek black cocktail dress. Harriet and Cadence were sitting nearby coloring. The women and Dean each held a purple nurple and toasted with them.

"Here's to..." the girl began.

"Here's to us," Dean finished.

"My God. You... are attractive."

"Thanks. But no time for that now. And please, not with my wife present. I'm loyal only to her. You need to tell us about this urban legend. Please. Lives are at stake."