S1 Ep1: How are You?

The skies were grumpy, dark and moody.
The wind stood still, probably in shock of what it beheld. No one was breathing properly. Not even Jade.
As unreal as it all felt, it couldn't be called a dream. Everyone was there, eyes wide open yet void of comprehension. It was almost like a scripted act, just that one of the characters was on the floor, ripped open, head detached, dead.
Strange!
The entire school gathered round the lifeless body of the famous school bully, Thompson.
Everyone was watching, some sad, some happy, others somewhere between the two. Jade was pale. He had no idea how to feel. But even at that, he wasn't inhumane enough to laugh at a dead man's body like others were doing. He just stood, staring, wondering, confused.
True, he once prayed that his greatest nightmare be gone, but he never had Thompson in mind while saying those prayers. Atleast not intentionally.
Countless times has the bully gotten up on other weaker students in the school. Everyone hated him truth be told. But this, this was something no one but a maniac could do. The poor boy was literally butchered!
"Everyone back inside!" Mr. Smith shouted from behind
It was recess and no one wanted to miss it just because a school bully was found dead beside the slide at the playground.
So everyone, both juniors and seniors, all stood, ignoring the principal's instructions.
" Now! "he added as no one was making any effort to do as he said.
Jade had seen enough, he couldn't stand another glance at the body on the floor lest he threw up. He slowly made his way back into the hall way, walking like a zombie that has lost all senses, but somehow still able to hear the sirens from the police cars blaring loudly outside.
It wasn't adding up.
Nothing was making sense.
The whole school were acting like nothing ever happened in less than an hour. But the scene of a headless body tormented Jade.
An assembly was soon called, the principal wanted to address the students.
"Good day student"
"Good day sir" everyone chorused except for a stubborn few and some prudent seniors
"Well in line with the tragedic event we all just witnessed, I'll like everyone of you to know that the matter is under control. We will help the police to get to the root of it."
"so he's now a detective" a voice in the crowd gossiped but was unfortunately loud enough to be heard by everyone, including the principal.
He chose to ignore, there were bigger issues at hand. He cleared his throat and continued
"So as i was saying, everything is under control. But sadly we can't keep all of you here till we're sure it's safe. All classes for the day has been cancelled!"
Cries of jubilation filled the entire hall. Everyone was so excited to go home. No one except Jade seemed to be disturbed by what just happened.
" Please don't go home alone. Go in groups of twos and threes. And make sure you all go home directly.No branching!" he instructed, stressing the last part as if the safety of the whole school depended on it.
The assembly was dismissed. Jade took his bag from his locker, walking down the hallway in the same manner he entered.
The day had gifted him the strangest thing he had ever seen.