𝟓𝟒 || 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

Maddox's face went from playful to serious, realizing the importance of this conversation. I don't know exactly where I was going with this conversation, but it's something that has been bothering me since I talked with my father right before Maddox and Angelo showed up.

Until the end, I believed that Mikael was a person who deserved no mercy and forgiveness. Not after everything he did to Maddox and me. Not after allying with the man who took me away from him just to get revenge on Maddox. All of this because he couldn't stand the thought that I fell in love with a King.

The list of things I could count on to prove that he deserves no mercy is countless.

However, my gut tells me that it would be a mistake to let him die just yet. Maybe I'm stupid and naive, but that's just how I feel.

"Okay, I'm listening" Maddox urged me to speak, and I was increasingly unable to form my words properly. Another proof that maybe I'm not a real Romano after all.

''I want to have one last conversation with Mikael before we decide his fate''

The words came out of my mouth so fast that it was hard for me to understand, but Maddox seemed to understand every single word more than perfectly. He was studying my face as if he couldn't believe what he just heard.

I turned my body to face his before speaking again.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like I'd be making a mistake if I don't have this conversation with him."

"Do you think your father deserves this privilege?"

"Maybe not" I answered honestly, because that's how it is "But he's still my father and he deserves to be heard before I put his head on a stick"

Maddox didn't show much emotion on his face, but I could tell he was not angry as I expected. Rather surprised.

"You want to see if he deserves mercy"

I swallowed loudly, trying to keep my gaze on Maddox's, but his was so insistent that I gave up. I looked away and nodded, my cheeks turning red. He must think I'm an idiot and maybe I am.

"Don't be angry, please" it came out almost like a whisper from my lips.

I felt his hand pull my body to his in one movement, lifting my head with his thumb to meet his. I feel so small next to him and still, I feel the most protected around this man. His gaze was calm and relaxed on me, showing no sign of irritation.

"I'm not angry, I'm surprised yes, but not angry " I breathed out feeling the calmness in his voice "I can't say I support this decision of yours, but still Mikael is your father and what will happen to him it should be your choice. I'm here to support you whatever you decide''

My heart warmed and I smiled "Even if it's the dumbest decision of my life?"

He laughed showing his white teeth "Even then"

I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his lips with a smug smile ''I have you wrapped around my finger, don't I Mr.King?''

He shook his head with a laugh, kissing me as if sucking my life out with his soft mouth.

''You have no idea'' he muttered against my lips before climbing on me again, this time resting more of his weight on me ''Now that we've had the important talk, will you let me have breakfast? I'm starving here."