𝟏𝟕 || 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲

"𝐼'𝓂 𝑜𝓍𝓎𝑔𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝑒'𝓈 𝒹𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒."

🖤

"Let's go into this store" Ashley exclaimed enthusiastically, pulling me to another fancy store, while the bodyguard behind her held what must have been 20 bags of her purchases.

I definitely didn't imagine wasting my time in Italy like this, but... it's still something I guess.

At least I learned her name after all. That's Ashley, and she's the wife of one of Angelo's longest-term partners it looks like I'm stuck with her while they do their "big boy" business.

As soon as we checked into our hotel, they left us alone with 5 bodyguards. I guess it's something normal to her because she seems fine doing nothing but wasting her husband's money. It doesn't bother her at all, but It's too much for me.

5 guys watching over me like I'm some damn kid it's ridiculous. I was going to be fine with just Maddox here but I guess luck wasn't on my side this time.

It's not like I want him to be here to watch after me tho. I just want him to be here in general. I feel safer with him.

"I'm so glad you're here" Ashley smiled widely, looking at yet another dress "It's so much more fun to have someone to shop with"

"Where are the other men's wives?" I asked, following her around the store like a lost puppy

We traveled with at least 10 other men on the plane, but only Ashley accompanied her husband. And me, of course. It's weird, isn't it?

"Half of them are not here because their husbands prefer to be alone" she said without taking her eyes off the dress, which was painfully expensive and ugly in my opinion "And the other part don't have wives or girlfriends to accompany them"

Damn, I wish I was that lucky, but no my "fiancé" wants me to be here and I can't even admire Italy properly because I only walk around stupid fancy stores like an idiot.

"And what is this important meeting anyway?" I asked confused because I still don't know what the hell we are doing here in Italy.

"I don't know, and it's none of my business" she answered, shrugging disinterestedly, before showing me another dress "Do you like this dress?"

I just nodded with a fake smile, wondering how the fuck is she so disinterested in her husband's work. Does she even know what he does for a living or it's satisfying for her to be carried around the world like a suitcase and the only thing she has to do is waste his money?

Because if she is satisfied with money, I am not. I need answers.

Ashley smiled immediately, rushing to the nearby fitting room to try on another dress.

I never thought I'd say it, but I want to go back to Seattle.