𝟓𝟏 || 𝐖𝐚𝐫 𝐈𝐬 (𝐍𝐨𝐭) 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫

MADDOX POV:

In seconds the abandoned building turned into a battlefield and now that I know Allyn is safely away from here nothing is stopping me from burning this building to the ground along with all my enemies in it.

I was pushed to the ground by my men, protecting me with their lives as bullets pierced the silence in the space. Men vs men, guns vs guns, bloodline vs bloodline.

They were trying to protect me, I can see men dying in front of my eyes and don't want to fucking hide. I'm thirsty for blood. I'm thirsty for a fucking revenge.

Mikael's soldiers were too busy trying to take out my men, meanwhile, I spotted my precious father trying to peel his skin off like a fucking coward again, climbing the stairs unnoticed as always.

No, not this time, dear father. We are not even, yet.

I loaded my pistol, tucking it into my jacket before running after him. Bullets flying everywhere, the building is lit up like a fucking Christmas tree, but my only focus was getting to my father. I forgot about Mikael, Lydia, and everyone else. I'll deal with them later.

I didn't need much effort before I caught up with him, and knocked him down on the ground, just as he was climbing the stairs to the second floor of the building in an attempt to escape, leaving men to lose their lives for him as he always does.

That's him. He doesn't care who dies and who he has to sacrifice as long as he saves his own ass. All these years, this fucking lies talking about family and here we are - Him allying with his greatest enemy to kill his own son.

I might have considered being more gracious with him, but when Allyn told me she was pregnant with my child, I flipped. I didn't know how to react for the first time in my fucking life. I looked at her wanting to find some sign that this was a fucking setup, but her eyes were too pure showing nothing but the fucking truth.

Then everything in me flipped upside down. Damn it, I didn't even had time to kiss her, hold her in my arms, and let myself feel happiness that my woman is carrying our child.

Fuck, the truth is that I felt out of this world, like the luckiest motherfucker in the universe but it was dulled by the fact that I know that my fucking father was putting the only woman I care about and my heir in danger. That shit unlocked a new Maddox in me that knows no mercy.

I pinned Martin to the ground, my arm grabbing him by his throat, feeling him suffocating around my grip, my body pinning him to the ground. There is no way out, no matter how much he waves his arms in the air trying to push me off. He knows it because I can see with each passing second how life is leaving his face and his eyes are filling with fear. He fucking created me, now he will pay the price for it.

I drove my fist in his face again and again and again until my knuckles were painted with his blood and his face was barely recognizable. I may have given him more than 50 blows, each accompanied with a reason and they are still not enough to pay for all his sins. The fucker is still breathing even though it was painful for him, he still has fight left in him. I will change that.

''You fucking piece of shit'' I slammed his head into the ground as he coughed up a large amount of blood, his eye swallowed from my fist, almost closed. ''All your life, your men fight your battles, people suffer and die because of you fucking coward ''

"Maddox" he barely managed to spit through blood as I punched him in the face again. I may have knocked out a few of his teeth, but I don't care, he looks prettier like this anyway.