Epilogue

A few months later...

It had been a long time since the sad events at the Coyot stronghold had marked the end of the Revenant era. The Skywings and Sandwings had reached an agreement to coordinate their actions and maintain the safety of Possibility's inhabitants. The mysterious disappearances had naturally ceased, although some of Revenant's followers were still alive. Some kingdoms, such as Mudwings, eased the measures that had been taken to ensure the safety of their inhabitants. At last, Pyrrhia could feel at peace again.

Even so, no one really knew what had caused the dismemberment of this organization. The few surviving prisoners all claim to have witnessed a general uprising, which proved strange to the authorities. The reported facts were at first examined sparingly, and then, due to a lack of evidence, the case was closed. However, in the early stages of the investigation, it was reported that a former Revenant member had returned to the scene during the night, and for a time, rumors circulated that the order had been reborn. These rumors died down, however, as the wanderer mysteriously disappeared one day. 

No one knew his identity, apart from the wanderer himself.

"Everything went smoothly, fortunately..."

Crystal lay on the cold grassy ground in the night, wistfully admiring the starry spectacle. Her trusty sword was planted deep in the ground not far from her. There was no sound to disturb the gargantuan calm, apart from a few reckless crickets. She had arranged to meet Nightjar on the border between the sand and sky wings, in a place where she hoped no one would come to disturb them. The azure hybrid had arrived early and, ever since, had not stopped thinking about the revolt she had staged. It had been a long time since she had put an end to Coyot's dark designs (at least the spirit that haunted him) and yet it seemed like only yesterday. 

Everything was still clear in her memory. Her body remembered the frantic exchange with her own father, right down to his last words. She still bore the scars on her side.Yet the hybrid tried not to think about it. Each time, she couldn't help wondering if she'd made the right choice. Her questions came back like a weed that had to be pulled out relentlessly. Had she taken the easy way out? Was there a way to bring Coyot to his senses without killing him, or was he doomed from the start ? This tormented her and called into question her past motives. And Crystal abhorred doubt. At first, it prevented her from eating, but time heals all wounds and she was able to pull herself together. Now she convinced herself that she'd done her best and that was the only thing that mattered. "He would have wanted me to live without worrying about him".

Calm dominated the small lake where she stood, until voices were heard carried on the wind. Quick to her feet, Crystal made her way cautiously and discreetly to the source of the noise. She dodged a tree, then climbed a small, moonlit hill that hid the view. When she reached the top, she didn't need to get any closer to recognize Maple, who was on a plain : "CRYSTAL! Come out of hiding, it's us !

- But I'm convinced we're in the right place..." Nightjar asserted from behind.

- You've come to the right place," she said, which attracted their attention.than that of an extra guest. Indeed, Nightjar and Maple were accompanied by Dandelion. She hadn't invited him, not because she didn't like him, although her relationship with him wasn't great either. Crystal had rather judged that he was not concerned by this meeting, that the half-silkwing had no business being summoned. However, she didn't hold it against the other two hybrids; they didn't know what she had in store for them, especially Nightjar.Dandelion seemed to understand Crystal's apprehension : "I'm only here because I was asked to be.

- I don't doubt it," she replied.

- Don't fight, you two," Maple quipped. Besides, it was curiosity that brought you Dandelion.