Chapter 21

"It's not like that at all," Levi argued with Luc as the four of them walked along a trail that winded around a ridge. It had some spectacular views that were a bit spoiled because of the boys' bad attitudes.

"You don't even know what you are talking about," Luc said. "I told you-"

"Give it a rest," Junie said, letting her feet crunch the fallen leaves. She didn't try to avoid them, even if they were a little slippery, because she liked the sound. "This was supposed to be a nice relaxing weekend, and the two of you are ruining it with your constant bickering."

"We're ruining it?" Luc huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

She was immediately offended. She didn't even know she had done anything.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Junie asked him, glancing at Maisy who had been pretty quiet for the majority of the hike.

Junie was glad she could see the end of the trail up ahead, with the cabin in the not so far distance. She was glad it wasn't going to be much longer before she went home.

"It means, you shouldn't have suggested that you and Maisy share a room," Luc said. "Leviathan and I have no space."

"None of us have space," Maisy said, finally speaking up. Junie wondered what else was bothering her friend. "It's a small cabin. It's nice to know that you don't really care if I'm comfortable or not, Lucifer."

Maisy said his name sourly, speeding up her pace to walk past all of them in a hurry.

This was certainly not the weekend Junie had in mind. The first night had been great, and then something shifted after that.

"Maisy," Lucifer called.

"Screw you," she yelled back, disappearing into the cabin with a slam of the front door.

Junie said nothing to Levi as they followed Luc slowly to the cabin. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"You really could've tried to make this work," Junie said. "I know it's not what you wanted, but-"

"But it's what Maisy wanted, or it's what MiMi wanted. It's always someone else, Juniper. You know, initially, this trip was going to be for the two of us."

She felt her ears get hot, and not in a cute blush way, but in an angry way.

"Get over yourself," Junie huffed. "MiMi and Junie are my only family that I have ever had, and I will always put them first."

She slowed down, turning to face him. "I've tried my very hardest to put you first, too. I let you fully integrate yourself in my life with my people and my house without a single complaint. You want to talk about not having space? I haven't had a single inch of space since you showed up."

Junie stepped into the cabin just long enough to grab her car keys that were hanging on the hook by the door.

"I just needed you and Luc to handle it for two nights. That was all. You don't sleep, so it shouldn't have mattered."

Levi's frown deepened.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Anywhere else," Junie said, stepping off of the small porch. She walked to the right towards the gravel driveway.

She struggled to find what to say next as she walked away. "I can't believe you would have the audacity to say that to me, about MiMi and Maisy. You are such a jerk."

Her car was on the far side, with Maisy's car being the closest to the house.

She didn't even get a chance to get in her car before Levi was right on top of her, literally. She gasped as he turned her to face him, caging her against her car with his arms.

"I can't help that I am a little grumpy," he said, dragging his nose across her cheek. "I haven't had so much as a kiss from you since we drove up here two days ago."

"Are you serious?" she asked. "All of this is because you are horny?"

Levi gave a dark chuckle that had her heart doing flips in her chest.

"You've got some attitude today, angel," he whispered, pressing his lips in a fiery path down her neck. "Let me fuck it out of you."

He rolled his hips against her and her eyes fluttered.

"The house is right there, Levi. Anyone could just walk out, and see. There's also a road-"

He hushed her, kissing her firmly. His hands were already working down her pants.

The fact that they could get caught had her so unbelievably turned on.

Levi turned her around, encouraging her to bring her butt out a bit for easier access. He didn't even bother to kick down his own pants, just unzipped them.

"No prep, baby. We have to make this quick," he said, spitting on his hand to slicken his hard cock.

She moaned as he pushed himself into her. The stretch was familiar, and she relaxed as he started rocking his hips.

"You're so wet," he whispered, gripping her hair for leverage as he moved faster. "I didn't even do anything."

Junie cried out, and he used his other hand to wrap around her face, covering her mouth with his palm to muffle her sounds.

His thrusts were rough and impatient and she could feel herself drip. He tugged a bit on her hair as he grunted.

She reached her own hand down to rub at her clit as her vision darkened around the edges. She felt herself tense as she moaned around his hand.

"Cum for me," he encouraged, quickening his pace.

Her release came fast and her whole body locked as she finally reached her peak.

Levi moaned as she clenched around him. She felt him tense and he pulled out of her, spilling his own release onto her ass.

"Good girl," he cooed, helping her straighten. He pulled up her underwear and pants, turning her back around to face him. She didn't even mind that her underwear was now soiled. She needed that almost as much as he did.

He helped straighten her clothes and her hair, giving her a gentle kiss.

"I shouldn't have said what I said, and I am sorry," he told her, tilting her chin so she would look at him. "It was unfair of me to say those things, even if I was frustrated."

"I'm sorry that this trip hasn't worked out," she said back.

"That's not your fault," he said. "I think Mais and Luc, they have something going on right now."

"You think?" Junie giggled. She yawned, dropping her head onto his chest.

"There's that pretty smile," Levi said sincerely, pulling her close. She put her head on his chest.

"I only said what I said because I could, and I didn't mean it. I love that you have MiMi and Maisy in your life, and they've become important to me, too. I never want you to feel guilty about spending time with them over me. I should have never put those thoughts in your head, and I'm so sorry."

There was a part of her that was very relieved to hear him say that.

"I have plenty of space," Junie said. "I didn't mean that, either."

He rubbed her back.

"We should head back in," he whispered, kissing her forehead. "They're probably looking for us."