chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 9:28pm

Did you get home safe?

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 9:31pm

i did

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 9:32pm

Ok, go study for that test and text me when you get to school tomorrow

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 9:33pm

got it, see you then

-

It was 10 in the morning and I hadn't spoken to Luke yet. I was still in a weird mood that I really couldn't get out of. And sitting in the back of math really wasn't helping me.

Honestly, I had no idea what was going on in this class. I didn't really care either, I usually had to teach the lesson to myself anyways because of horrible my teacher was. Pretty much everyday I sat and scribbled on my notes just to make it look like I was doing something.

In the middle of drawing some sort of geometric shapes I could faintly here my phone buzzing in my backpack. I tried not to turn my attention to it because I know my teacher would take it up. The buzzing began again and I realized someone was calling me. I figured it could be my dad, but he knew what time I was in school and didn't ever call me then.

I then thought about Luke and wondered why he would call me. He knows I can't pick up and texting exists so I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish.

I glanced over at my teacher's desk, making sure she was busy with grading papers and not scanning over our heads and waiting to catch us off task as she's done before.

I unzipped the front pouch of my backpack, flipping my phone over and checking my two missed calls which were from Luke. I had a voicemail which was strange considering rarely anyone leaves voicemails anymore.

I could hear papers shuffling and and textbooks closing, which meant that class was ending in about a minute. I pulled my phone out and stuck it in my back pocket as I started collecting my things and shoving them into my backpack with out care. School was over next month and summer was just around the corner.

The bell rang shortly and I was the first one out the door. I turned to my left, heading straight for the double doors at the end of the hallway. My other class was in the other direction, but it was still close by.

I clicked on Luke's contact and called him back, curious as to what he needed. It rang only once before he picked up.

"Hey, Andy." Luke spoke, his voice seeming distant.

"Luke," I said. "What's up?" I asked him, casually looking around at the students passing by me on their way to class.

"You didn't message me this morning." I could just hear the pouty lips he had on. It's his favorite facial expression.

"Is that why you called?"

"No," he simply told me.

"Oh." There was a pause on the line. I decided to speak up again, "What did you need?" I questioned.

It was then I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning me around to face the familiar blue eyes I was way to used to.

"I needed you." He smiled, hanging up and putting his phone in his pocket. He pulled out a lighter and waved it in front of my face, "Let's go do better things than this."