Four. Hunger cravings, celestial biology, Angel tales

The house is divided

The house is divided. Bee's pregnancy was developing at an unnatural rate, the swell of her stomach increasing every day. In the two weeks since it was first discovered about our pregnancies, her body repudiated any source of nutrients and food. Rosalie had refused to leave Bella alone. A blatant change from before, considering, but it was a good improvement because of an understanding in safe-guarding the baby.

Bree had went to 'visit' her parents, in conclusion meaning watch from the shadows. Being around bee was not helping her curb the thirst for human blood.

When it came to my own child, nothing substantial to be of concern. I had mobility, walking and using time to flex my wings.

I did, however, have an insatiable proclivity to eat everything in the fridge. 'This is the hunger mom described being pregnant with me.' Poor Esme had gone and re-furbished the kitchen, catering to my hunger. She was more than inclined in cooking, enjoying using the kitchen. I felt guilt for having the ability to eat. " You better slow down, darling. You will get indigestion if you continue eating at such a fast speed." Esme says, using a scrubbing brush on the second plate then placing it in the strainer.

" Sorry." I mumble. " Come to think of it, now. I don't think I ever eaten this much pasta before. Without Mom or Bella making comments on I will turn into the food." I chuckle, finishing the last two bites and pieces. It felt foreign knowing I was growing a human, in my own body. A boy, pregnant. 'I know I have said before I would call dad, uncle amen. but I just wouldn't know how to explain or put in words oh yeah dad I'm currently pregnant and the baby is going to be half vampire half Angel.' The irony of it all.

my pondering must be loud, noticeably etch on my face. Esme comes around the kitchen island, untying her apron. " What is wrong, something is on your mind. Kai? If you do feel comfortable talking." Not counting Rosalie, Esme was the second in her family to be on the defensive when it came to Bella and I. Rose being first in terms of attaching herself to bee, moreover then myself, but definitely didn't leave me to the defenceless. I could care for my self, I did appreciate the fact she does feel protective.

" It's my father. On the day I well.." I glance to the protruding paunch of my belly. " knew I was pregnant. I made a mental note on calling him, and my uncle, but.." I pause.

" He will understand and have answers you are searching for, Kai. Call him, honey." The skin inside of my mouth dries. Esme takes my third plate, I had finish using. I arise, moving to walk out on the terrace. Red crested sparrows sing in a choir synchronise, even a barn owl snatching an unsuspecting rat to eat and feast on the forest ground. I gain courage dialling dad's phone number. Two rings it took for him to answer. " Malachi. Son! How is marital life treating you, I was under the assumption of you still having your honeymoon. What brings to speak to your old scratch of a dad?".

'Better now than never getting it out and procrastinating.' I bring in a very much needed deep breath. " Dad I.. I am pregnant. It sounds disproportionate knowing my gender, not having the correct organs, but it's true." There is a silence. Very silent actually. Before that breaks when dad gave an all too calm exasperated sigh. " I knew the day would happen, never in the eighteen years you would be alive. But here we are, I am coming to you now. Son, bringing your uncle including. We need to talk." Our call is cut short, a dialling sound repeating at the disconnection. I stare, at the screensaver of bee, myself and Trix a ghost of a smile hovering over my lips.