11 XI Discussion of immortality, broken hearts, a proposal of marriage

FORKS, WASHINGTON.

I could not find time to sleep. In the travel back home to forks, I had time to have a nap that would last for several hours, not even then were we close to landing. Adonis had learn, quite effortlessly, to drive. though having no drivers licence, including the speed he drove at, Bella agreed to never let him the drivers seat again.

Felix, surprisingly enough, offered to chauffeur Me and Bella along with Adonis. but he was sure of himself to drive.

I could still remember Bella face, Felix on guard holding her down in place. It was first genuine laugh since I could recall having. Edward had shown jealousy, of how Adonis was being physical and showing apprehensive attitude at how he couldn't give me a single touch of my arm.

Crickets, and owls cooing, create an ambience of calmness with in the forest. Bella was laying down on my bed, her soft snores an indication of her sleeping. She had seen things that would traumatise a human. The stubborn resiliency she shows, is admirably one of the greatest quality when it came to her. Felix was currently at the Cullen's, having a conversation on the vegetarian dietary guideline, he would need to be dutifully aware about. And follow.

new restrictions of what he could feed on will definitely challenge him. Centuries of feeding, draining the life of humans would course be a vastly improved to better suit living among those in forks. Adonis had offered to give his much anointed introduction, also too at the Cullen residences. From my spot I stood in, watching constellation of stars and naming each, I exhale a breath. chilled air escapes.

" you know I can sense when you are in a room, Edward." I didn't wish to wake Bella, using a lower tone to talk. " aren't you suppose to be back at your place? To settle back in? Just because you are back here, does not mean you automatically can enter the house again."

I realise how harsh I sound. It's relevant for this moment in time. I rotate my neck, facing Edward. He stands two feet apart where I was, hand on the window frame. " Malachi. Leaving you.. was single handedly defectively the worst thing I could have ever imagined and done. It.. prove to be the hardest choice I made, in one hundred years. No amount of apologising will be enough to say or prove just how despondent I made you. I know I can't take back what was said. My actions."

'He should be regretful.' Is my first inherent thought. I point to the place of my heart.

" I felt my heart crack in pieces. When you.. when you left, me. Edward. I could feel rejection, it was the most excruciating pain I have never once in my life felt." My head trembles, which is a result of me battling to keep the tears, which I fought back from falling. " that is something I want to forsake, from ever feeling again." My face is surely roseate, flushed in trying to maintain and ground myself.

Edward, despair and dejection across his eyes, palms each side of my jaw. " I will spend the rest of eternity reassuring that I will never leave your side, again. The only reason, why I left is because I was convinced you should live your life. Easy, free of the burden that I carry. with being that I could never give you the life you needed. No normalcy. That I was holding what life you could have from ever happening." he presses down his forehead on mine. I savour our propinquity, fluttering my eyes shut. then push down his fingers.

" I can't do this. Edward. You.. you hurt me. And I just need time. I can't accept you back in my life just instantaneously. Distance will be a good choice, for healing." taking the first step back, feels like reliving the evening Edward left. I avoid giving in to his stare of plead, before he slouches both shoulders leaving out of window. watery smiling, I turn to Bella who was awakening from her slumber.

" I heard you speaking to Edward. That wasn't easy, to listen in on. I could feel the tension." Her voice is rasp, lethargic. yawning at the end of sentence. " go back to sleep, Belle." she shakes her head 'No'.