Sixth. Finding forgiveness, wedding arrangements, promises

I was coming off and down the high of fighting

I was coming off and down the high of fighting. Adrenaline pumping in my veins, an anticipation for a further dissension; fight. smoke, smell of death, was ever prominent when coming into the clearing where a fire burns. Bodies pile, disintegrating into rubble. the flames stretching up in the air, being deprived of any oxygen to continue burning. The Cullens were watching, including Bella and Felix.

" how long?" asks Edward, wanting to be in the know of just how long we had before we were to face the guards. " a few minutes, maybe be ten?" Alice answers. even she was not quite certain.

" The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honour a truce with the werewolves." Carlisle spoke, not once tearing an eye from the flames that was turning a purple hue. then did I see Leah, watching from the safety of behind us. Not with out her full trust in being close to Edward and his family. Only was it that I turn, and saw Jacob coming out from the trees, it was the wrong move to do.

A newborn, probably have been in hiding, stumbles out. it snarls, Leah growls snapping her jaw and charges. " Leah! Don't do it." I cry out, running over. she begins engaging, an effort, to try outsmart the newborn but in the end it cages her head. As I go to reach over Jake flies over my body, the grating sound of his teeth clamping right down on the newborn shoulder pulling him away.

Leah falls, in to me, resulting in the two of us going down. She scatters up, panicked, once realising where I was. Sound of struggling then a sickening crunch of bones being exploded, yelping following, made Leah and I turn our heads. horrified when Jacob breaks free of the newborn but ultimately wounded. fatally. Sam, Paul, and Jared in their wolves spring out from the boulder behind Leah and I.

" Jacob! Jake. No, no." I use my speed to get to him, his mouth is open in a silent scream of agony. rolling on his left, he quivers in pain, not being responsive to my calls. Edward joins, " Jacob. Hold on. Carlisle is going to take care of you." Bella runs up, sliding down to her knees, a pained look of worry overlapping her. " the bones on the right half of his body are shattered." Carlisle assesses, gliding a hand down Jakes rib cage.

" Malachi. Kai." My heart breaks hearing the disparity. I let Jacob hold my hand, as he tries finding mine. " Jake! You idiot. I had him." Leah begins yelling, the boys close on her tail. " and you! Malachi. Don't ever do that, again. I am not discouraging you and your ability, but you could have been seriously injured." She goes on to say. " shut it, Leah." Sam warns, I didn't appreciate the tone he used on her.

" Sam." I gruffly said. " be careful how you talk to her." From how he reacts, having fought to bow his head in compliance; submissive, my words were being heard. She gave the faintest smile, then Paul decides he wants to give a lecture. I dismissed his attempt in grabbing my arm, arising from my kneeling placement on the grass. " Malachi, what were you thinking. that leech could have done the same number on you then he did black."

Carlisle, with caution, was raising Jakes arm. giving an explanation of needing to set each of the bones, to accelerate the healing process. " it's already starting." I turn my face to Paul, he seriously needed to watch his tone. Edward begins speaking interrupting me, " we need for him to be out of here. We're not gonna win a fight with the Volturi." He's right. There was no need for another injured wolf in the pack, one is already one too many. " we'll take him back to billy's." Sam states, a nod of his head. I would meet Jacob there after having a 'Conversation', one on one, with the Volturi.