Eighteenth. Baseball game, nomad vampires, james

" Malachi. Hey, I heard what sounded like another voice in your room last night. I had to wake up, and empty my bladder, to pee. Which sounds obvious, I don't know why I told you. Over share of information." Bella peers her head around the frame of my door, using the wall to lean her arm on.

The coat I wore was layered, keeping my body temperature from declining. Today's weather meteorologist forecast promised a thunderstorm, and rain.

I begin tying my shoe laces. " at this point in our friendship, nothing is oversharing no more. we can tell anything, to each other, including the use of evacuating our body functions." i wit, standing from my bed, it creaks from the movement.

" I saw Edward standing at the door, from my window. He seems like he is waiting for the door to open." Bella sniffs, clearing her nose. " standing like a statue. then saw me staring at him."

my laugh comes out, imagining Edward just ceasing to move or act human. 'I need to teach him how to act proper and not make it less plain to the neighbours he is not human.' " don't worry or mind Edward, he is just unwontedly, odd. doesn't know how to behave normally." I, on purpose, use a louder way to talk in making my point. a cough comes from Edward, with a muttered 'Sorry, Kai.'

I don't think he knew I could hear him replying.

" I am joining Edward, in playing a baseball game. Well, they'll be the ones batting and I will be on the side line. Because sports is not for me."

Bella stares with incredulity, not believing I am going to play a game of sports. She begins spluttering in giggles, " you. And baseball? I would never have begin to think of hearing those words in the same conversation." I mock offence. looking at her, hand resting over the place of my ribs. The beat of my heart touching my hand. " Bella, I am hurt." 

Her eyes roll. " you should tell dad, he would like to meet Edward." Charlie meeting Edward? I don't wish to know how he will react. " I might, actually." Is only I could reply and muster, a state of nerves which was only confusing me further. It was not like Charlie is my father, but he is a person of importance. Bella's dad, more so.

Joining bella down to the kitchen, Charlie is sat cleaning the barrel of a rifle. The degreaser lodge deep, to remove gun powder and existing dirt.

" hey, dad. Malachi here, he is having a date with Edward Cullen." Bella is casual to say, giving a new can of beer. I observe his face, his features twist and tense. appearing to have an aneurysm, at the new information. " a date? Edward? If I remember, you spoke of acquainting with a boy in school. Didn't know you mean Doctor Cullen's boy. He is not a little, uh, old. in age? For you?".

I had the sense Charlie would say this, given the reality Edward did relevantly look a little older then his age. Which the irony of saying, when he is a suppose ageless immortal. " he is a junior, dad. Malachi and I share a grade with him." Bella states, further, using her finger nail in opening the can she gave Charlie.

" he is a decent guy, from our brief talks. I thought you were okay with the Cullens? And liked them?".

He gives a low hum. " he is right out side, standing at the door. I figured I would just leave, but Bella said you would like to meet him. Officially. And I agree, if that is okay." I could see his eyes shifting to the door, then back to me, the thoughts processing in his mind. before becoming poker-faced, mockingly clicking the rifle into place ready to use the weapon.

" bring him in."

" okay, Charlie. I don't want my boyfriend to be shot, now. Please, I want him in one piece." I joke, shoving away the gun with a finger. Charlie circles the top of his hair, drawing a halo. I could only imagine how my uncle and grandfather was acting, seeing that motion.