(Not Edited) How I woke

The endless darkness seemed to float away; a light shone through the haze, and I felt someone squeeze my hand, my eyelids fluttered open. I took in a deep breath. I looked about the best I could. I saw a figure asleep next to my side.

I let out a groan as I moved, and pain ran through my body, I pushed myself up with one free hand, and I looked down at the figure sleeping soundly beside me. I ran my hand through his hair, and everything came rushing back to me. Why I was in here, who I am and who the man beside me was.

"Grace," Nathan said, looking at me in shock and disbelief. He pulled me in for a hug, and we both cried in relief.

"I love you so much! You had everyone so worried," He told me as we pulled away. I smiled at him then I caught sight of his face. His eyes were sunken in with dark bags under them, his stubble was overgrown, and he looked like he hadn't been sleeping.

"Nathan, you look like hell," I told him, making him smile at me.

"Thank you, you don't look that good yourself since you were in a coma but still beautiful like always," he told me, kissing me, we broke apart, and I rested my head on Nathan.

I was in a coma! I was about to ask about it, but a Doctor came in, and I took my head off Nathan's.

"Hello, Grace, I'm Doctor House," The man told me, and I nodded, smiling at him.

"Hi Doctor," I said to him, and he walked closer.

He looked at me. "Well, you seem to be awake and alert."

"Yes, my head is just sore," I told him, "and my body is aching, but that's it."

He smiled at me. "Well, we're going to run some tests and then maybe get you home."

I nodded, and he left the room just as Amy, Rosie, Lillian and Eugene walked into the room.

"I'm so glad you're awake!" Rosie said as she hugged me; it hurt a bit, but I hugged her back.

I pulled away and beamed at her. "I'm happy to be awake."

"I brought you a sandwich and juice since you're probably hungry" Amy smiled at me before putting them down.

"Thank you, Amy, I appreciate it," I told her before hugging her.

"How long was I out for?" I asked them, and they looked at each other in silence.

"Um, about just over a month," Nathan told me. My mouth dropped open, and my face fell.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"You had a severe head injury, and a bit of glass cut your major artery in your leg; you lost a lot of blood," He told me, rubbing his hand up and down my back calming me.

"What happened to David?" I asked him, and his face became like a stone.

"Don't you remember? He nearly shot you, but somehow he got shot himself," Rosie told me, and I nodded, taking Nathan's hand.

"Come on, just eat" Lillian smiled at me, giving me half of the sandwich. I took it from her, and I took a bite. It tasted so good that I let out an involuntary moan making everyone chuckle.

I smiled at Amy. "This is exquisite! where did you get it?" I asked her.

"Oh, my mother runs a deli. She makes the sandwiches," She told me, and I nodded.

"Well, tell her that she makes the most amazing sandwiches," I said, taking another bite, and Amy nodded.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I need to take Grace here to do some tests," Doctor House said, and I nodded.

"Well, we'll see you soon," Lillian said, kissing my forehead, and I smiled at her.

"Bye, Lillian," I said

"See you, Sweetie" Eugene smiled as he waved goodbye, and I waved back smiling.

They pushed me in a wheelchair to a room with a set of bars placed parallel to each other and various other things.

"Right, let's get started" Doctor House smiled, warming at me, and I nodded.

After hours of different tests, nothing seemed to be wrong, and I was fine. I thanked the heavens; nothing was wrong with me.

"So.... can I go home?" I asked Doctor House, who turned around from his computer screen.

"Yes, you may go home" He smiled at me, and I stood up, shaking his hand.

"Thank you so much for taking care of me," I said to him, and he nodded, leaving the room.

I got changed in behind a curtain. I walked out of the room and saw Nathan standing against the wall in front of me.

"So?" He said, "Can you go home?"

"Yeah, come on, let us go home" I smiled happily at myself.

"I can wait to take a bath", I mused as I took Nathan hand as we walked out of the hospital. I saw Bradley standing there with flowers in his hand and a warm smile on his face.

I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "I missed you."

"I know I missed you too," I told him, and he beamed at me, handing me the flowers.

"Thank you," I told him, smelling the roses. "They are beautiful."

We got into the car, and I rested my head on Nathans' shoulder, feeling happy and carefree.

"So after your bath, what do you want to do?" Nathan asked me, and I smirked slyly at him before kissing his ear.

"I maybe could think of a few things," I told him, and he raised his eyebrow at me, making me chuckle.

We got into the apartment after I said goodbye to Bradley. I walked into the bedroom, and everything was cover in white and red rose petals, and it was heart touching.

There was a path made to the bathroom, and I followed it. I pushed opened the door, and I saw candles around the bathtub, and on the floor, the bath was drawn with rose petals floating in the bubbles.

I turned around to see Nathan smiling at me, hold champagne and two glasses.

I smiled, shaking my head. "Thank you."

No one had ever done anything like this for me before.

I got into the bathtub holding onto the front of it as Nathan got in front of me.

"You know how much I love you, right?" I asked him, and he nodded his head as I lay back on his chest.

"I love you more than anything in the world, and I know you love me just the same", He said, and I nodded, kissing his cheek.

"You're right," I told him