(Not Edited) How I stayed with him.

It's been a couple of months since I left David, and I have never been happier.  I went back to work; Davids picture was given to security, and Nathan ordered them not to let him in for any reason.

Nathan has been treating me like a princess. Everything is going great. I think Nathan's putting me back together again. I'm feeling so much better, and I don't cry myself to sleep anymore.

I so proud of myself, not trying to big myself up, but I am. I had the strength to leave David after all the years I spent in misery.

"Just a couple more steps," Nathan told me as he helped me walk since he had his hands over my eyes.

I chuckled as I took a couple of steps. "Can I open them?" I asked him, and he removed his hand from my eyes.

I opened them, and I couldn't believe my eyes at sight in front of me.

"Oh my god."

There was a closet full of clothes that were the size of my old house. I couldn't believe it. Nathan is far too good to me.

"You like it?" Nathan asked nervously, and I kissed him, taking him by surprise

"Of course, I do thank you," I told him before hugging him.

"Pick out an outfit; we're going to lunch with my family," He told me, and I smiled.

"Can't wait," I told him, and he kissed my cheek before leaving the room.

I couldn't believe how happy I was. It was unreal; I have never been this happy and content in years. Not since my parents died; things changed when they died. David became more violent, and life got sucked out of me. Everything became more challenging and darker, but now I'm so happy and so so glad that I'm here and staying with him,

I walked over to the racks of clothes and shelf of shoes. The white marble floor was beautiful in itself—it a nice white armchair and matching white cushioned stool.

The clothes were endless, as were the shoes and accessories. I couldn't believe this was all mine. It was like my very own store.

I picked out a pair of baby pink skinny jeans. I took a floral peach tank top; I got down a button up light blue shirt with lace shoulders.

I lay them on the chair before going for a shower. My cuts have healed to only a fading scar.

"Grace?" Nathan said, knocking on the door as I wrapped a towel around myself.

"Yes," I asked, opening the door. Nathan's eyes wandered over my body, his eyes burning into me, and I rubbed my leg against my other one as I started to get nervous.

Nathan cleared his throat. "Um, we need to leave in an hour."

"Okay," I smiled at my feet. "Does your family know what happened?"