As my phone buzzed, I excused myself from the table and retreated to the balcony to answer the call.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Mr. Whitlock, the clients are on their way to the event," my assistant reported.

"I successfully persuaded them to accept our invitations and outlined the benefits they stand to gain from attending."

I couldn't help but chuckle lightly as I gazed down at the lively crowd outside, all caught up in their merriment.

"Well done, Mark. You really pulled it off," I complimented him before ending the call.

Returning to my table, I noticed a chef already hard at work. I took a seat, mentally preparing to persuade my clients who would arrive shortly.

My phone buzzed, and I promptly replied to the message. Laughter and gasps from a neighboring table caught my attention, prompting me to turn and see

what was going on.

Standing there was a lady in a chef's attire and a cap. She expertly fried her dish with remarkable speed, adding little tricks that left the guests at her table both surprised and delighted. Despite her outfit, she exuded a simple yet elegant charm.

However, my throat went dry when she looked up, revealing

her captivating emerald green eyes, deep and beautiful.

A strange sense of familiarity washed over me. She felt like an old friend, though I couldn't quite place where we might have crossed paths.

I struggled to tear my gaze away, but it remained fixed on her as I watched in fascination,

unable to look away, as she worked her culinary magic with graceful ease.

She wrapped up her cooking show and explained her dish to the impressed guests. But my eyes remained locked on her, particularly her captivating

emerald eyes that never met mine.

When she finished, she walked past my table, and her delightful cologne wafted by, oddly familiar.

Why did her scent make me so strangely happy? Why do i feel this way? It felt like I'd encountered it before.

Lost in thought, I hadn't noticed how long I'd been staring at her departure until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to

see my assistant beside me, giving me a quizzical look.

"Mr. Whitlock, the..." My assistant's voice faded as my head suddenly blanked out, a pounding sensation throbbing through my skull.

I let out a low groan,

unable to focus. Closing my eyes briefly, I reopened them to find myself entranced by those mesmerizing green eyes once more.

The pain in my head

intensified, forcing me to gently push my assistant away and hastily rise from my seat, heading for the nearest bathroom.

I slammed the bathroom door behind me, my head still throbbing. Gasping for air, I leaned on the sink, my heart racing much faster than usual.

What was happening to me? Why this strange mix of excitement and fear?

"What is it called babe?"

"Tangled."

"Tangled?. I love the smell, it smells so much like you"