Part 13

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way back home was calm; Jimin slept throughout their journey.

Jungkook kept his eyes on the smaller men's sleeping figure from time to time. When they reached home, he tried to wake Jimin up. After a lot and a lot of effort, Jimin finally opened his eyes.

They entered their home, but something felt off. The lights were on, and Jungkook was sure he had turned them off before closing the door. An uneasy feeling settled in the pit of his stomach.

"Oh, Jungkook, finally you came... back," Jungkook's mother paused as she saw Jimin, her eyes automatically going to his belly. Even though it was small, she still noticed.

"Mom! What brings you here?" Jungkook asked, realizing he hadn't told his parents about Jimin's situation yet.

"Jimin, what..." Jungkook's mother was speechless about what was happening here.

"Mom, let's sit. I will explain everything to you, but first, let me take Jimin to his room, he is tired," Jungkook said, guiding Jimin's frozen figure.

"Haven't you told your parents before, though...I thought they already knew," Jimin whispered anxiously, his fear evident in his voice. Memories of the events with his own family flooded his mind, and he couldn't help but fear that Jungkook's parents might not approve either.

"It just slipped out of my mind, don't worry yourself, remember what Jin Hyung said," Jungkook said, rubbing his hair nervously and offering a hesitant smile, trying to reassure Jimin. However, his own worry gnawed at him.

*

*

""Hey, Mom, what brings you here today? You didn't tell me you were coming," Jungkook said, attempting to break the tension, but his mom just kept glaring at him.

"Mom, I am sorry. I was planning to tell you, I was just... I was just scared of your reaction," he admitted, dropping his eyes to the ground.

"When were you planning to tell me? After he gives birth, and you would be like, 'Hey, Mom, guess what? You've become a granny?'" the woman stated sarcastically, her disappointment and frustration evident in her voice.

"Mom, I am sorry, things happened, and I just didn't have much time. I honestly forgot," Jungkook stammered, trying to explain himself.

"How far along is he?" she asked, her eyes like sharp knives digging into Jungkook.

"He is about to enter his 27th week," Jungkook replied hesitantly.

"You're joking, right?" she retorted, her disbelief apparent.

"Ummm... ahhh... I mean, yes, 27 weeks," Jungkook stumbled over his words.

"What do you mean, 27? He looks like he's 16 or 18 weeks! What have you been feeding him?" his mom questioned, her frustration growing.

"Ummm, food?" Jungkook replied hesitantly.

"Food my ass! I am going to prepare a healthy meal for him. Now, move!" she said, pushing him aside to go to the kitchen.

The confused man followed her, his eyes wide with surprise. He had expected a slap or, worse, a good beating up season. but her reaction was unexpected. He watched her actions, still trying to process the situation.

Jungkook kept following his mom like a lost puppy for the last hour, and the angry woman didn't utter a single word.

"Go bring him to eat," she finally demanded after a long silence, and Jungkook just nodded, rushing to Jimin's room.