chp. 52

AN ODE OF BEING MY SOULMATE

"Dialling you. Sorry, darling you." DARL+ING, SEVENTEEN

A few more other groups or soloists performed at the festival, the same amount of huge excitement by their peers that stood in the hall

Another group came up to perform, this time, they were playing a talent show.

The four male students each demonstrated their talents one by one, the head lights focusing on them and the crowd cheered every time they did something - even the simplest of simple.

Then, a female student came on stage - dressed in a flowy pink dress as a few student helpers carried the keyboard onto the stage. Once they were ready, she took a seat on the cushion chair and the lights turned to her attentive figure.

Her fingers gliding over the keys, playing a tune that couldn't be described.

Afterwards, a group of male students came on stage, performing another K-pop song that hyped the crowd, interacting with the audience in front seats and dancing with their silly but creative costumes.

Jihye felt herself sweating, she was so tired and the hall became filled with air due to the many people. She brushed her blonde hair back, tucking her hair behind her ears as she fixed her clothes.

They absorbed themselves into the performance, beaming as they heard the crowd cheer for them. Once they bowed and left the stage, the principal came.

"Thank you everyone for coming today. It may be the last festival for a few of the grade 3 students at this school. Lots of the teachers and myself had lots of fun. I would also like to thank all the performers who had the courage to stand here today and present their talent."

The school cheered, a mix of female and male voices. Haewon's bright aura brought up her best friend who was getting tired. "Come on! The closing performance is soon!"

That somewhat made her feel better, was she that excited?

"Alright. Now to close everything up for tonight- We will welcome Renjun, Jeno, Haechan and Jaemin of the senior years to hold their closing performance!"

Just as everyone anticipated, it was the closing performance. The students all screamed loudly, their booming voices filling the school hall with the lights shutting off until the performers enter the stage.

And there he was, no matter the darkness that filled the stage, Jihye could still depict her soulmate through it as she was near the front.

Soon, the head lights flashed on, introducing the four male students that stood with their instruments or their microphones. Haechan was directly in the center, his clothed figure emphasised by the circular light that stood with a hand on his side and a hand resting on the standing microphone.

The crowd couldn't stop screaming, sounds of their fan chants as if they were idols performing. "Renjun! Jeno! Haechan! Jaemin!" Their voices rang in sync.

The music began, playing a melody with a set of lyrics that started in english. A beautiful voice sang by Huang Renjun that complimented the rhythm, touching the hearts of the audience. However, Jihye's eyes were already preoccupied with one member, a familiar black-haired male who wore a pair of denim jeans and denim jacket that allowed the white tee shirt to peek through. A shiny necklace around his neck with a charm but Jihye couldn't portray what it was.

Jeno was in charge of the guitar with Jaemin playing the synthesizer on stage. Renjun and Haechan sang the song, harmonising with each other's talented vocals.

The track was backed up by Haechan and Renjuns switching lines every few verses, intriguing the crowd into their feels. Haewon tilted her head side by side, along with the Park whose orbs gleamed, reflecting the view of her soulmate that she saw.

The two front mans continued to sing in english, it was a bit hard for the Korean crowd of students to understand but nonetheless, they immersed themselves in their voices and had fun.

"So honey now, come into my arms. Kiss me baby. Kiss me baby."

"You know without you, I'm so lonely. When you're not here, 911 calling. Into your heat again I'm diving."

Strong strums by Jeno played repetitively, getting louder gradually.

"You know without you, I'm so lonely. When you're not here, 911 calling. Into your heat again I'm diving. Darling you, darling you baby."

The Lee, who was in charge of the last chorus, his right hand on the microphone and the fingers of his left hand wrapped around the stand. He sang into his microphone, his lips against the metal grille with his eyes only directed to one person in the crowd.

Donghyuck lifted his left hand, singing while he posed his ring finger - where his soulmate tattoo was.

Jihye locked back the eye contact, as if everyone else disappeared and only the two characters were left. A singer and a single audience. The cheers faded in her ears, she could only hear the lyrics and she could only see Donghyuck. He could only hear his voice with the support of his members behind him and he could only she Jihye.

As if the lyrics were for the Park, 'Darling you, darling you baby.'

THE END.
Thank you for reading 'darl+ing' by haeology_
𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 + 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐔 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐁𝐘 @haeology_

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING THIS BOOK AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT! It was so fun to write this book (the first one I actually finished) and even if I had some writers block I still managed to overcome it because of all my viewers and commente...

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING THIS BOOK AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT! It was so fun to write this book (the first one I actually finished) and even if I had some writers block I still managed to overcome it because of all my viewers and commenters 😘Unfortunately, I cannot write this book forever but you can read it forever 😉 I think that this chapter was a perfect way to end the book heheheh

ALSO, I plan on writing an epilogue soon but I have like no ideas for it. I'm planning to do like a time skip to the future sooooo what type of content do you guys want?