chp. 13

119

The four men safely carried her unconscious body into the van, with the protection of the body guards through the darkness

Haechan was driving by himself in his own car while the body and his members drove in a separate van behind him.

Once they arrived at the base, they laid Daiyu's body onto the ground of the so-called 'kidnapping room' but still made sure that they didn't touch her inappropriately or harmed her physically.

She was free to speak, but she was stuck in a room full of darkness, the silence rang through her ears, making her wake up.

The gang members still had a CCTV camera attached in the room so they could track every movement or sound.

Lee Taeyong pulled out the work phone, dialling a specific business number then handing it to a member who spoke Chinese, Huang Renjun.

"Good evening. May I speak to Wang Mingxia of QUAY Corporation?" He asked in a fluent Mandarin accent.

"Sorry Sir, she is currently busy. Please call another time. Is there anything I can assist you with?"

"Yes, there is. Can you inform her that her daughter has gotten kidnapped?"

"Sorry- Sir- What? Please do not use this business number to play around. These calls are connected to the police."

"Well, it isn't anymore. Now just tell her that her daughter has gotten kidnapped."

"Sir, this is not a company for jokes-"

"Just tell her please. Thank you. You'll be the one at fault if she isn't notified about this any time sooner."

The international line was silent for a few seconds. "I'll put you on the phone with her in a few seconds."

Taeyong chuckled, standing behind Doyoung's seat, facing the computer that was able to access the security camera and its recordings. She had woken up.

"Hello. This is Wang Mingxia of QUAY Corporation. What can I help you with."

"Hello. Wang Daiyu?"

"That is my granddaughter's name..."

"She has gotten kidnapped. We need 25% of your net worth to save her."

"Please do not play-"

"Check your emails, thank you."

Renjun casually hung up the phone as Doyoung prepared to send the email. It was a single photo of her granddaughter from the CCTV footage; she was sitting up, so confused in the darkness before she began crying and screaming.

Then, they instantly got a call back from the international company, recognising it.

"Stop that! Let her go! What you're doing is illegal! I knew I couldn't trust her in Korea!"