chp. 18

HOTEL

"Can you guys kill my boss in exchange of money?"

Last night, after Jihye returned back to her base, their leader got a call.

The Qian informed them of their request. They were asked to assassin a CEO of an extremely well-known hotel, usually recognised for their feature of a casino. The main motive from the person that called was the lead director of the hotel, however, they wanted to be higher up.

In exchange of around $65,000 dollars, they simply had to kill him.

But it was not simple, Jang Baekhyun, the CEO of one of the most prestigious hotels in Seoul. He could be very rich - meaning tight security or personal connection to higher-ups.

Im Hyunwoo - the lead director who desires to become CEO.

The money to be given if the mission was accomplished was extremely high, especially because of the fact that it would be hard to reach the CEO in the first place.

"Alright guys, I've accepted the mission. Our deadline is by the end of next month. Xiaojun, please research and send the information of our mission. You are all dismissed." Kun announced, stacking up the papers in front of him and flipping the white board.

"Wow. $65,000 dollars..." Ten mumbled, amazed at the high price.

The gang separated back to their rooms, beginning to prepare for the mission.

It was around 8pm, Jihye had decided to do a bit of working out before showering. After changing into some comfortable gym clothes, she headed over to the gym.

Entering the large empty venue, full of exercising machines that were surrounded by towering mirrors. The Park decided to practice her boxing skills, before doing so, she connected her phone to the blue tooth speakers and began playing music as a sense of support.

Stretching quickly, she put on the bright red boxing gloves and walked towards the hanging punching bag.

After around half an hour of punching, kicking and swinging, she received a call.

It was the one and only, Lee Donghyuck.

"I'm bored."

"At least say hi, i'm in the middle of training."

"I'm bored." He complained as the female on the other line gulped her bottle of water.

"Okay. What do you want me to do about it."

"Let's go graffiti."

"No. I'm busy. Go yourself." She hung up.

As she was putting down her phone, she received another call from the same caller.

"That's extremely rude."

"Wow. Clingy, you are? Anyways, I can't do today. Sorry." She apologised, subconsciously smiling while on the phone.

Before she knew it, the male on the other hand hung up.

When Jihye suddenly realised the edges of her lips were risen, she instinctively used her hands to pull them down.

After Donghyuck's idea was completely rejected, he headed over to find his other member.

Barging into his messy room, he couldn't find the figure he was looking for. Instead, he found an opened letter laying out on the corner of the desk. 'To Mark From Acid' the envelope wrote.

Curiosity crawled up Donghyuck's spine as he knew it was prying of him to do so. But why else would Acid be writing a letter to an ace of his gang?

Knowing that Mark wasn't in the room, the Lee slowly picked up the opened envelope, pulling out the letter that hid in it.

Dear Lee Minhyung of NCT,

I, the leader of the gang, Acid have written this letter as a request in which for you to transfer gangs, and join my one.

This may be an unexpected invitation, but after acknowledging your skills when fighting, I have truly noticed how skilled you are. No other member of my gang can reach your skills.

If you join my gang, we will be able to provide free accomodation at the base, freedom of movement and many more exclusives just for you.

I will allow you make your decision by the end of next month. Please take this into consideration well.

Kind regards,

Lee Junho of Acid.

He stopped reading, he was taken aback. No other words could describe the feelings that Donghyuck felt at that moment. He was surprised, he was confused, he was angry, he was messed up.

Maybe that was the reason why Mark was suddenly acting hopeless around him a few days ago?

Just as tears start to build up while he held the letter, the room owner returned.

"Hyuck!" He yelled, running towards the mentioned man and snatching the letter right out of his hands. "What are you doing in my room? And looking through my things?" He was mad.

Donghyuck didn't know what to do. What he did was definitely wrong and he pulled himself from fighting back.

"I'm sorry."

"Get out." Mark sighed, throwing the letter onto his desk.

As Donghyuck quietly stepped out of his room, he turned back to see his best friend sitting on the blue comforts of the bed, disappointingly.

Looking up to avoid the tears that were on the urge of slipping out, he walked back into his own room and locked the door.

"Fuck." He whispered into the sheets of his bed as he laid face down onto the blanket. "I've made a big mistake. I should've just minded my own business." He thought.

At that moment, the Lee didn't want to do anything. He just wanted to lay there in hopes of falling asleep.

He assumed that he just lost his best friend's trust, especially with that specifically letter.

He was dazed and all his thoughts were disorganised. The complicated subject of the letter just confused Donghyuck even more. He couldn't trust the leader of the opposing gang.

Minhyung already had the NCT tattoo permanently stamped onto him, there was no way that he would remove it and change - disloyal.