chp. 3

UNKNOWN ENCOUNTER

The WayV members had invited Jihye for dinner as it was her eighteenth birthday

Many things change and more privileges are either taken or given when you become an adult; the top 2 being the fact that you can drink legally and of course, your soulmate.

When the Park came back from school, she planned to take a shower and prepare. After doing so, she chose her outfit which consisted of black flare pants, a plain white tee and a black leather coat. She left her soft and silky hair out but lightly curled her curtain bangs.

16:42 her lockscreen labelled.

Her gang members informed her to meet at the destination around six o'clock since that was the time of their reservation - therefore, Jihye had a lot of time left until the anticipated event.

In the past years, the gang was usually overloaded with missions that they had to catch up on during Jihye's birthday so the most they could do was congratulate her on her birthday.

The female decided to head out early just to simply take a walk as it seems that she has nothing to do at home anyway. Grabbing her keys, wallet and most importantly her phone, she turned off her bedroom light and stepped down the staircase.

As she silently headed towards the front door, a familiar voice took her to a halt. "Where you going?" Jisung questioned suspiciously.

"This is like the first time you actually cared. Wow, I'm honoured." Jihye remarked sarcastically, turning towards her younger brother's direction.

"Eh, you don't usually go out on your birthday." He shrugged carelessly. "Hey speaking of your birthday, who's your soulmate?"

"Eh, you don't usually go out on your birthday." She quoted internally. "l-d-h." The female answered.

Jisung reflected on her response, wondering if he knew anyone with those initials. A few seconds later and he couldn't think of anyone until the thought of his friend's birth name came to the top of his head. l-d-h, lee-dong-hyuck...

Jihye could not read Jisung's expression at that moment, assuming that he was just processing the initials. "No idea who it is, don't care." She said, taking her sibling out of his trance. The male simply shrugged before his sister left on her own.

As Jihye stepped out the door way and locked the door, the feeling of the cool breeze immediately hit her skin as well as the scent of the fresh air being inhaled up her nostrils. The sun hadn't set yet and clouds were still visible in the blue sky.

She didn't have a plan on where she wanted to go on what she wanted to do. Just going with the flow, the female Park lead herself to directly stroll around and spend some time to relax.

Her boots making contact with the concrete each step she took against the path way.

"Haechan and Johnny are out on the mission right now." Doyoung informed through the ear piece as he sat in his small office as his role was a hacker.

On the other line, the said boys quickly adjusted their ear piece into a comfortable and suitable position. They basically kill and investigate people for a living, having guns and knives in their hands as well as tucked into pieces of their bulletproof clothing.

It was in fact Donghyuck's birthday but either way he is busy with missions. Their current mission was to take down the family of a member of the gang "Acid". Donghyuck was in charge of combat fighting while Johnny was in charge of range shooting.

Yes, it was just these two members participating in the mission. Their leader, Lee Taeyong believed and trusted them that they would take down the victim successfully because of their experience and skills. If they ever needed back-up, Doyoung and other members would help them send down members straight away.

It wasn't dark yet, nearly the evening. The sun was still out and the sky was still bright. It was risky to take out on a mission during daytime, yet, any of the members could handle it effectively.

"On to your left there should be a brown door, use the tool that Kun supplied for you and break through." Doyoung guided the Lee. "Johnny, stay on the balcony until Haechan opens the door. Then, you can follow behind him but keep a distance." The said boy let out a small "mhm" to show that he is listening.

The two do as they were told. Haechan hastily breaks into the house effortlessly with Johnny following suit.

Haechan quietly goes upstairs, while doing so - he noticed an elderly man sitting in the so called kitchen. He sent a signal to the Suh by nodding towards that direction. The younger male continues to step upstairs with his gun in hand, secretly going into each room.

The mission goes swiftly for the two, as identified by Doyoung, there was one more family member that they had to kill. The one that belonged to Acid.

At this point it was five o'clock.

Both Johnny and Haechan looked around the whole property but there was no one around. Until-

A figure leaped across Haechan's body and pushed him harmfully onto the rocky material flooring.

The hurt man let out a groan as his teammate harshly pulled the figure away and kneed him to the nearest brick wall.

It didn't take long until Johnny strongly held the man towards the wall using his body-built muscles as Haechan stabbed him straight away.

The sharp knife when deep into the man's guts. Haechan was clearly skilled and he knew exactly which body parts make you die when you are stabbed in that area. Although the man wouldn't die instantly, they would just torture him more by shooting him.

A few minutes passed and guess what?

The man - or should I say gang member, simply died at that spot.

"What the fuck?"

EDITEDa/n: SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE i started school like 2 days ago and had an excursion today!! yes, it was fun but anyways i finally got a chapter done 🤩 also unedited since it was kinda rushed

EDITED
a/n: SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE i started school like 2 days ago and had an excursion today!! yes, it was fun but anyways i finally got a chapter done 🤩 also unedited since it was kinda rushed