chp. 23

DO YOU REMEMBER?

Hyeji had already lost her appetite as she watched them talk closely and romantically with each other

Hyeji had already lost her appetite as she watched them talk closely and romantically with each other. Plus, she did not enjoy eating at venues with many people.

Haechan on the other hand, couldn't wait for the food because he had gotten hungry feeding the Jang with compliments. In his mind, he kept on reminding himself that Hyeji is still in the same place as him. 

"Sit with me!" Hana invited joyfully, grabbing the male's wrist with her soft pale hands and leading him to the only table with a red cloth over it near the stage.

Haechan sat graciously next to the girl as the waiters started coming out with food. 

As each guest was served with a plate of prepared food and a variety of other dishes in the centre of the table, Hyeji just sat there quietly, staring at the food. 

"Why don't you eat?" The Lee asked, glancing over to the girl who just stared at her food.

"I'm saving my stomach for the dance party! I'm also not that hungry." Hana replied, straightening her back as another male came to the table.

"Hey guys." Kwon Minho invited himself over to the 'special' table and began eating next to Haechan. 

"Are you guys... Like friends?" The Lee inquired, referring to the two who seemed quite intimate with each other earlier.

"Yep. He's my friend from high school, I've known him since I was a junior." The Jang informed, smiling over to the mentioned man. 

"I've heard everything from her, everything she did." Minho joked, laughing as Haechan ate silently between them. "I remember that one time you poured food all over that one girl in junior years and you came to me dying of laughter." He laughed, making the other female laugh too.

"Oh my gosh, that was so funny. I remember it to this day." Hana chuckled, pulling out her words longer while Haechan built a bubble of his own as he listened to their conversation about bullying until the Jang popped it. "What was her name? Park... Park Jihye?" 

This made the Lee instinctively whip his head up at the mention of his teammates real name. 

"What's wrong, Haechan?" Hana asked, noticing that he suddenly lifted his head up.

"Oh nothing. That was just funny to hear." He lied.

Hana and Minho laughed in sync. "If it makes you happy then lets talk about it." But in reality, Haechan hated hearing about these bullying situations that regarded her name.

"She was honestly such as fool. She thought she was my best friend. Who is gonna like a girl like her." Hearing this made the Lee want to burst out in anger, but professionally, he held it in.

He never knew that Jihye had to suffer from that. Even when they talked about the mission, Jihye was still able to remain calm knowing that the girl that bullied her was going to be at this event, one of the target's closest relation at this point. 

"I wonder what she's doing right now. Probably living on the streets. I bet her parents abandoned her." Hana teased, laughing aloud. 

"Remember that one time she shared with you how her parents ignore her for her brother." Minho reminisced, resulting the female to chuckle again and nod. "She deserved that, she was so stupid.

Haechan finished eating- and honestly, he lost his appetite with all these fancy foods because of the two that were talking so loudly and badly about someone. 

"Hey Hana and Minho. Can I get your numbers?" The Lee asked calmly as the two immediately nodded and gave him their numbers. 

"Lets make a group chat!" The Jang insisted, pulling her phone out and adding them to the newly created chat on Kakao Talk. 

Just as they were continuing to talk, music that would make you dance started to play - the crowd cheering as it turned on.