You are in love

Soundtrack: "You are in love (Taylor's Version)" by Taylor Swift

s3
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Oswald wasn't sure how it started, but he knew one thing for certain.

He was in love with Edward Nygma.

He fondly remembered the time he spent at Edward's apartment, those mornings when Ed would wake him up with breakfast and coffee already set out on the coffee table, watching the clock waiting for Ed to come home from work, eating dinner sat at the little table by the window, falling asleep beside him in the ridiculously comfortable bed.

Maybe it started that one night, when they were watching a movie called The Village, and all of a sudden Ed looked at him with this strange look on his face and said "You're my best friend."

Oswald couldn't help but get lost in thoughts whenever Ed was around. If only Ed felt the same. If only that woman wasn't in the way.

Oswald had seen how Ed was around that Isabella Monroe. It was clear, he was in love. It broke Oswald's heart, it made him so frustrated.

If only Oswald knew the truth.

Ed was in love. With Oswald. Isabella was no more than a friend, but Oswald... Oh, Oswald was so much more.

Ed knows exactly when it started for him. The night when they were watching The Village. Oswald looked so perfect, sitting there in Ed's t-shirt and some sweatpants Ed had gotten for him. It was that moment, looking at Oswald's face, his skin illuminated by the light from the TV, his blue eyes shining as they sat glued to the TV, Ed could have spent forever counting the freckles that were sprinkled over his cheeks and that adorable nose. Ed felt a warmth in his heart he'd never felt before.

He knew then. He was in love. True love.

Now, Ed has decided. He's ready. He's gonna tell Oswald everything. He's finally going to make good on the promise he'd made with himself so long ago, to listen to his heart more.

"Oswald, do you have a moment?" Ed asked, grabbing Oswald's arm.

"Is something wrong?" Oswald stuttered, caught off guard by the contact.

"No, but there's something I wanted to talk to you about. Can we go somewhere more private?" Ed says.

"O-of course." Oswald says, not daring to get his hopes up.

Edward lead him to his study, locking the door behind him. Oswald fidgeted nervously, his anxiety awakening at the back of his mind.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Oswald asks, apprehensive.

"Oswald, you know that I'm not good with emotions. I prefer to follow my head instead of my heart. But what I've been feeling, it isn't logical." Edward says softly, looking at Oswald with a look of admiration Oswald had never seen on him before. "Oswald, what I think I'm trying to say is...I'm hopelessly, irrevocably in love with you."

Oswald was in shock. It was like the world had stopped spinning. A single tear ran down his cheek, and Edward's hand reached up and wiped it away. Oswald's heart rate spiked at the contact, a blush creeping up onto his face.

"I love you, too." Oswald says softly, his voice shaky with shock and disbelief.

Wordlessly, Edward leaned in and kissed him, Oswald's hands were immediately on him, feeling every inch of his body, tangling into his hair, pulling him closer.

They could hear it in the silence. They could feel it on the way home. They could see it with the lights out.

They are in love. True love.