Heaven, Pt.5

Final part of the 'Heaven' series, y'all 😭

Soundtrack ( for all parts): "Heaven" by Julia Michaels
"Hurts so good" by Astrid S
"Love Me or Leave Me" by Little Mix
"A little bit yours" by JP Saxe (like omg this song is so Nygmobblepot 😭)
"Mistaken" by Tove Lo

Description: Oswald and Ed used to be lovers when Oswald was staying in Ed's apartment, but when Oswald returned from Arkham 'cured', their relationship fell apart. Shortly after Oswald gets Ed out of Arkham, Ed begins dating a woman named Isabella, and Oswald's long buried feelings for Ed come back with a vengeance...

              ++++•++++

Oswald was devastated, and beyond heartbroken, when he found out Ed was going to marry that damned woman. He knew now that he loved Edward, but he couldn't remember how long he'd loved him yet. He thought it started the night of the victory party, when Ed nearly died protecting Oswald from Butch. Little did poor, broken Oswald know that their love goes all the way back to those precious early days in Ed's apartment. It felt like such a long time ago, those beautiful golden days when their delayed young love was just first blooming, back when they didn't know this heartbreak, betrayal, or vengeance. Back before they lost their memories of their love, before Ed met that woman, before Oswald was pushed right over the fucking edge by that harlot, and before Oswald had her killed.

God, how Oswald wanted to go back there, be back in the safety of the four walls of the efficiency apartment, to be in that warm, soft bed with the man he didn't even remember falling in love with.

But no, Oswald can never go back there now. He can never go back to how it was, can he?

Oswald felt the dull pain of a blunt object hitting his head, then his hands scraped against the asphalt in a vain attempt to keep his head from bouncing off the concrete.

Oswald weakly rolled onto his back, staring up in horror at Ed holding a broken metal pipe in his hand.

"I loved her, Oswald, and you killed her." Ed says, dropping the pipe and pulling out his pistol, aiming it at Oswald's head.

"Ed, please, don't this! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I made a mistake, I should have been happy for you but it was tearing me apart seeing you with her!"

"Why did you do it?!"

"I did it for love! I did it because I love you!"

"You idiot! Love is sacrifice! It's about putting someone else's needs and happiness before your own! What you did wasn't love, it was jealousy and selfishness!" Ed shouts, his entire body trembling in anger. "Do you have any idea how much I hate the idea of being alone again?"

"What?"

"You were my first friend. My only friend. You're all I have left in this damn world, and you betrayed me. Do you have any idea how much that hurts?"

"You really have to ask me if I know how badly betrayal hurts, Ed?" Oswald says dryly, his head pounding still. "You don't have to do this. You know you're free to leave Gotham, to have a better life somewhere else. I'll always have my feelings for you, but perhaps I can move on. Hopefully, you can too--"

"I don't want to move on." Ed cuts in, tears forming in his eyes. "I want to remember what we had. I know we had something special, I know we were more than friends at one time, but I-- I can't remember. All I remember is this beautiful feeling, this feeling of finally being loved for once in my life. I don't want to lose that, but I...I have this darker half attached to me, and I don't know how to protect you from him. I don't want him to hurt you, and I'm so afraid that he will. I don't want to lose someone I care about again." Ed says with tears running down his face as he collapses to his knees, the gun falling from his hand. "I don't know what's happening to me. I'm just so...so broken again."

"Oh, Edward." Oswald says, weakly getting to his knees beside Edward. Oswald cupped Edward's face, feeling a jolt through his psyche as a memory comes flooding back to him. Ed looks up at him in shock, seemingly having regained some sort of memory as well.

"I love you." Edward says, looking at Oswald in wonder. " I always loved you."

"I always loved you, too." Oswald says, tears flooding his eyes as Edward pulled him into a passionate, longing kiss, kissing him like there was no tomorrow and his life depended on it.

And they lived happily ever after
§